Feature tracking!

New Apps, versions, features, etc

Feature tracking!

New postby marwatk on Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:48 pm

Hi guys,

Quick update. I just wrote a feature tracking module for phpbb, so now you guys can submit them, vote for them, and help me prioritize them. There are some on there that have been there for months, so you guys voting will help me figure out what you want to see.

All of the 'Feature Request' forums are now restriction from posting *new* topics, but the bot will automatically create a new topic for you when you submit a new feature request, and it will also automagically post when I update a feature, so if you subscribe to that feature's topic you'll get notified when it goes in. Adding and voting can be accessed via the link at the top of the appropriate forum.

Also, this is now my most up to date feature list. If I've missed the feature you want, please add it so we can make it happen.

Let me know how you like it.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Re: Feature tracking!

New postby arkolbus on Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:33 pm

Looks pretty cool!

It would be nice to be able to un-vote. There are some features I voted for just because I thought they'd be neat, but they're not as much of a priority for me. I want to game the system a bit and take my vote away for features that are low-priority for me, but have more votes than the features that I want more.

However, if this were available, I'm not sure how much shenanigans would ensue (or how much you'd pay attention to said shenanigans). Perhaps it would be better to have a graduated voting system, where people could vote high or low priority. For simplicity's sake, high-priority would count as two points, low priority counts as one point.

Then again, if all this nonsense would just take too much away from your PT development time, forget it!
HTC Droid Incredible 2
Verizon Wireless
Android 2.3.3
Podtrapper 3.0.20
arkolbus

Re: Feature tracking!

New postby marwatk on Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:37 pm

Heh, you're already putting way more thought into it than I did :)

My goal is basically to make sure that I'm not ignoring things that people want to see, if there's more than a single vote for something it'll likely get implemented. There are just a few out there (like making nested folders for podcasts) that don't make much sense to me, but I don't want to not do them if people really want it.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Announcements