PodTrapper 2.1.0 Released!

New Apps, versions, features, etc

PodTrapper 2.1.0 Released!

New postby marwatk on Sun May 31, 2009 1:52 pm

Hi all,

I think I've finally got a stable version with all the new features. I'm loosing at as version 2.1.0, you should receive a popup letting you know in PodTrapper within the next 24 hours. Or you can grab it here (make sure you fully exit PodTrapper with Menu->Exit first).

Let me know how it goes and keep those feature suggestions coming. I still have a monster todo list, so I'm still not done with PodTrapper. I just started checking out OS 5.0 and it's going to force me to go multi-OS with the next release (it's got a ton of new helpful features I'll want to hook into, including possibly enhanced podcast support). So when I do that I'll be able to do cool things like specify audio routing preferences, pause when you unplug your headset, etc. Look for that in the next month or so.

Here's the complete set of changes since the last full release (2.0.0):
* Major New Featuers:
* Multiple playlist support
* Preserve episodes from auto deletion
* Rearrange playlists
* Ability to pause via mute key on top of handheld while locked/holstered
* Ability to assign actions to convenience keys while BB is locked
* Minor New Features:
* Configurable seek settings
* Add pruning of old and orphaned files (via menu item in storage settings)
* Email link for individual episode
* Add 'update all' to download screen
* Resort download list based on playback priority
* Setting for minimum font size
* Anonymous feed publishing for future popularity lists
* When skipping in the playlist, allow deletion (Play Next (Delete))
* If on playback screen when episode ends and new one starts, switch to new item
* 'Never show again' check box on exit dialog
* Add kb shortcut for downloading an episode (G)
* Add support for atom feeds (see http://debaccuardi.typepad.com/at_the_k ... e/atom.xml)
* Pressing 'N' on playlist screen should bring up switch playlist menu
* Add 'Add all to playlist' when viewing episdoes or highlighting a podcast (use keyboard shortcut 'A' or 'Alt-A' to choose the playlist)
* Keyboard shortcut for adding to playlist (A) (with Alt support for adding to any playlist)
* Removed Play/Pause icon and lock screen (no longer needed)
* Able to select which podcasts to include in 'Add Episodes'
* New deletion manager that works in the background
* Allow delete without confirmation (Setting in Storage Settings)
* Made the number of episodes read from the feed configurable (Setting in Storage Settings)
* Added ability to resort a podcast's episodes according to current order in the feed ('Update and sort' menu item when viewing episode list)
* Large album art on playback screen
* Added support for m4a and m4b files for file playback
* Added support for getting registration key from app world (I hope)
* Ability to apply podcast settings to other podcasts (via the 'Apply to many podcasts' menu item when viewing settings)
* Add 'Episode title' to sort criteria
* Bugfixes:
* Temp files build up without being reused
* Ignore mute button if call in progress/ringing
* Handle missing extensions better
* Fix backlight turning off while playing video
* Perform audio path routing when we would have seeked (apparently it doesn't route properly sometimes if media isn't loaded yet)
* Put a note when entering registration that it will always show 'Free Trial' in the app world
* Remove lock screen since we don't need it anymore
* Manually downloaded episodes should have their preserve flag set to ignore them for auto-deletion
* Illegal argument exception when switching/deleting
* If the currently playing item is not in the playlist don't playNext when finished
* Storm volume bug fixed (where you had to hit volume up to hear anything after playing)
* Remove "(Free Trial)" from application list after registering (but will always show in App World)
* Fixed issue restoring from SD card backup
* More user friendliness when having to choose a storage folder
* Inform users that they need to turn off mass storage mode or disconnect from their pc when starting PT
* On startup if we may be in mass storage mode allow us an opportunity to quit
* Warn against 'store' being used as PT storage folder
* Fix confusion between default podcast and edit podcast
* Enter key doesn't work for item selection
* Fixed issue where Storm (and Bold?) wouldn't show videos again after pausing them or switching apps
* When playing next in playlist skip over partially downloaded files but keep them in the queue
* If [space] doesn't have anything to play, play the next in the playlist
* Since last beta: (2.0.10)
* Really fixed illegal argument exception
* Workaround for seeks crashing on Bold running .266
* Seek end/beginning are swapped
* Add 'Episode title' to sort criteria
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Re: PodTrapper 2.1.0 Released!

New postby Tripper_ on Sun May 31, 2009 9:23 pm

Unfortunately video podcast still stops when back light times out. It worked fine in the past but I just noticed the problem on the last beta. Thanks
Tripper_

New postby MADBRADNYC on Sun May 31, 2009 9:40 pm

I still see the "Rewind a Little" button act like the "Fast Forward a Little" button. The actions are not transposed, it is just acting as if both buttons are for "FF a little". :evil:
MADBRADNYC

New postby marwatk on Sun May 31, 2009 11:04 pm

Thanks for letting me know. I redeployed 2.1.0 with that fix (I figured it wasn't worth a new version just for the rw a little button). If you reinstall you should be good to go.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby MADBRADNYC on Sun May 31, 2009 11:38 pm

marwatk wrote:Thanks for letting me know. I redeployed 2.1.0 with that fix (I figured it wasn't worth a new version just for the rw a little button). If you reinstall you should be good to go.

-Marcus

Thanks for the heads up. It is working well now. Let me play around with it some more. I love this app. Listening to Hot 97 Funk Master Flex Now. :evil:
MADBRADNYC

New postby 0bsrvr on Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:51 am

Tripper_ wrote:Unfortunately video podcast still stops when back light times out. It worked fine in the past but I just noticed the problem on the last beta. Thanks

I figured out this problem had to do with me changing my backlight timeout from 45 seconds to 30 seconds when this started happening to me and even going back to previous versions of podtrapper that seemingly worked before didn't solve it. I had to put my backlight timeout back to 45 seconds and it fixed it. I made Marcus aware of this late last night and he claims that info was very helpful in him tracking down the problem so hopefully he'll be able to resolve it so you can set your backlight timeout to whatever you want and it won't mess up podtrapper.

Anything lower than 45 seconds didn't work for me.

Hope that helps.

EDIT: This is on the Storm.
Last edited by 0bsrvr on Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
0bsrvr

New postby sperho on Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:54 am

marwatk wrote: * Workaround for seeks crashing on Bold running .266

I'm testing this. In the first round of testing, I can get about 7 or 8 one minute sized FF jumps before it crashes. I make jumps slowly, allowing a few seconds of audio to play before pressing the button again. I can get 5 or 6 thirty second RW jumps before it crashes with the button slowly pressed as previously described. So, on first blush, it seems that your change (added a bit of delay?) helps mitigate the problem. I rarely need to go back more than a minute or two, so if I can get 4 or 5 fast RW presses in without it crashing, it'll be leaps ahead. Thanks for helping - I'll continue to test through normal usage and post up with more observations as I go...
sperho

New postby Tripper_ on Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:56 am

0bsrvr wrote:I figured out this problem had to do with me changing my backlight timeout from 45 seconds to 30 seconds when this started happening to me and even going back to previous versions of podtrapper that seemingly worked before didn't solve it. I had to put my backlight timeout back to 45 seconds and it fixed it. I made Marcus aware of this late last night and he claims that info was very helpful in him tracking down the problem so hopefully he'll be able to resolve it so you can set your backlight timeout to whatever you want and it won't mess up podtrapper.

Anything lower than 45 seconds didn't work for me.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the info. I had it set to 20 seconds and switched it to 30 seconds and it works fine. I reduced my back light timeout during the last beta so maybe that was what caused the problem. My model is the 8900. Now to catch up on several video podcasts. 8-)
Tripper_

New postby marwatk on Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:07 pm

sperho wrote:I'm testing this. In the first round of testing, I can get about 7 or 8 one minute sized FF jumps before it crashes. I make jumps slowly, allowing a few seconds of audio to play before pressing the button again.

Actually, with the fix, the faster you do the seeks the better (it groups fast seeks into one large seek if they're within 750ms of the first press). Try that and see how it works for you.

Thanks again, 0bsrvr, for helping me with the backlight thing. I'll be getting a fix in for that in the next beta (but for now the workaround should work).

Let me know if you guys run in to any other issues.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Announcements