Betas 2.0.5 and then 2.0.6 released

New Apps, versions, features, etc

Betas 2.0.5 and then 2.0.6 released

New postby marwatk on Tue May 19, 2009 7:03 pm

Hi guys,

Thanks for sticking in there, a lot of stuff has changed all over PodTrapper between 2.0.2 and 3, so these releases will probably come at a pretty fast pace until all the kinks are worked out. (I really hate changing so much, but it was necessary to facilitate a lot of new things and making separate paths to deal with quirks on individual devices (I'm looking at you, Storm)).

Let me know if you run into any issues with this one.

Grab it here

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Re: Betas 2.0.5 and then 2.0.6 released

New postby Neuroxic77 on Tue May 19, 2009 7:13 pm

LOL
these releases will probably come at a pretty fast pace

I just got done installing .5

Thx for the overtime your putting in !

Downloading .6 now.
Neuroxic77

New postby Tripper_ on Tue May 19, 2009 7:21 pm

Thanks for sticking in there, a lot of stuff has changed all over PodTrapper between 2.0.2 and 3, so these releases will probably come at a pretty fast pace until all the kinks are worked out.

Thanks, I'm looking forward to the new features. :D
Tripper_

New postby countstex on Thu May 21, 2009 3:08 am

Seems my problems circa 2.0.3 are all now sorted, thanks :) Looking pretty stable to me so far.

One quick idea though now we have multiple playlists.. N take you to your last used playlist.. what is a press of N still did that, but holding N brought up the 'switch' screen to select any list available?
countstex

New postby marwatk on Thu May 21, 2009 5:02 pm

Great to hear.

I've never been a fan of the press does one thing and hold does another, but I'll definitely work something out (probably that if you're viewing a playlist hitting 'N' brings up the switch window, so it's a double press instead of a hold).

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby Tripper_ on Thu May 21, 2009 5:14 pm

I trying to figure out the new multi playlists feature. When you select "Auto Add to Playlists" is that just for new downloads? It seems like it should auto add new downloads and every podcast currently in that particular directory(the ones already downloaded). Thanks
Tripper_

New postby marwatk on Thu May 21, 2009 6:48 pm

It's for new episodes only. If you go to your playlist, though, you can hit 'add episodes' which will auto-select only the podcasts that are assigned to that playlist and add them all. Let me know if that's not what you were looking for.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby ScanAmerica on Thu May 21, 2009 6:52 pm

Has anyone noticed their battery draining quickly after installing 2.0.6?

I installed 2.0.6 this morning around 7:30am, after doing so my battery went from 100% down to 20% by lunchtime. When I left work my battery was up to around 40% - 60% (I don't remember exactly how much) and at 9pm the battery was down to 10%. I've never seen this happen before, the only thing different is my upgrade to 2.0.6 (from 2.0.5 I think).

-- Gordon
ScanAmerica

New postby Tripper_ on Thu May 21, 2009 7:06 pm

No, I used 2.0.6 all day and have seen no battery drain problems. If I add a new podcast with a lot of episodes (download over WiFi) it eats the battery and gets very warm. I realize that's probably normal. Try a battery pull and see if that fixes the problem.
Tripper_

New postby ScanAmerica on Thu May 21, 2009 7:42 pm

I figured out the problem...

PodTrapper has been (and still is) repeatedly downloading two specific episodes (from two different podcasts) all day long. After it downloads each of the episodes, the status for each episode changes from Downloaded to Marked for Download. Shortly after the second one changes to "Marked for Download", PT begins downloading both of them again.

Maybe the new deletion thread is getting carried away?

Thanks,
Gordon
ScanAmerica

New postby matt on Fri May 22, 2009 1:48 pm

I'll start by apologizing for not having more solid/specific information, but I've started having issues with the following (definitely in 2.0.6, might have appeared first in 2.0.3, but since I had it for such a short time, I honestly don't remember):

If I do a battery pull (which happens more frequently than it should with the Storm), after the reboot, many times podcasts I had previously downloaded appear under the incorrect category. For example, after the last battery pull, I had a TWiT episode that appeared under both the TWiT podcast and the ESPN: PTI podcast.

Everything still works correctly, but all the files are jumbled up.

That being said, love the program. Thanks for all the effort.
matt

New postby ScanAmerica on Fri May 22, 2009 2:02 pm

matt wrote:If I do a battery pull (which happens more frequently than it should with the Storm), after the reboot, many times podcasts I had previously downloaded appear under the incorrect category. For example, after the last battery pull, I had a TWiT episode that appeared under both the TWiT podcast and the ESPN: PTI podcast.

I noticed the same thing after exiting PodTrapper and restarting it.
ScanAmerica

New postby arkolbus on Fri May 22, 2009 2:12 pm

matt wrote:If I do a battery pull (which happens more frequently than it should with the Storm), after the reboot, many times podcasts I had previously downloaded appear under the incorrect category. For example, after the last battery pull, I had a TWiT episode that appeared under both the TWiT podcast and the ESPN: PTI podcast.

I've seen this too. I figured something got corrupted and I just deleted and re-subscribed to the offending podcasts. Looks like it's a bigger problem though. If it happens again I'll send logs.
HTC Droid Incredible 2
Verizon Wireless
Android 2.3.3
Podtrapper 3.0.20
arkolbus

New postby Tripper_ on Fri May 22, 2009 4:41 pm

Yep, I had this happen to me. I ended up restoring from a previous backup file. Mine was also related to a TWIT podcast. Hope this helps.
Tripper_

New postby marwatk on Fri May 22, 2009 4:51 pm

Thanks for the reports, guys. I'll definitely check that out (I think I know what's causing it).

Is anyone else seeing the repeated download thing? Also, when you see that, do you have any episodes 'preserved' in that podcast? Do you have auto-fetch more enabled (I forget what that's called)?

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby ScanAmerica on Fri May 22, 2009 5:13 pm

marwatk wrote:Is anyone else seeing the repeated download thing? Also, when you see that, do you have any episodes 'preserved' in that podcast? Do you have auto-fetch more enabled (I forget what that's called)?

I don't have any episodes marked as preserved and I do have "Download more episodes after deleting" set to yes.

At this time there are three episodes that PT wants to download repeatedly, two of the episodes are in one podcast and the other is in a different podcast. The episodes that keep getting downloaded are listed in the episode listings for other podcasts as well as in the episode lists for the podcasts they are from.
ScanAmerica

New postby countstex on Fri May 22, 2009 5:43 pm

marwatk wrote:Great to hear.

I've never been a fan of the press does one thing and hold does another, but I'll definitely work something out (probably that if you're viewing a playlist hitting 'N' brings up the switch window, so it's a double press instead of a hold).

-Marcus

That's fair enough, I've only just discovered the holding the BB button for task switching, so I figured it was a standard idea for BB apps.. double press works for me too :)
countstex

New postby marwatk on Fri May 22, 2009 6:00 pm

Cool, that's in 2.0.7 out there now (pressing N on the playlist screen will bring up the switch menu). (Side note, I couldn't make the holding the bb key work for task switching work, is it certain OS versions only?)

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby countstex on Fri May 22, 2009 6:10 pm

Not sure, I'm on 4.6 on a Bold, I'll try it on my girlfriends Pearl in the morning, think that's a couple of points behind on the OS front
countstex

New postby ScanAmerica on Fri May 22, 2009 6:16 pm

countstex wrote:Not sure, I'm on 4.6 on a Bold, I'll try it on my girlfriends Pearl in the morning, think that's a couple of points behind on the OS front

FYI, I tried it on the Curve 8900 (which came out after the Bold), also running 4.6, and it doesn't work on it.
ScanAmerica

Return to Announcements