PodTrapper Beta 2.0.4 Released

New Apps, versions, features, etc

PodTrapper Beta 2.0.4 Released

New postby marwatk on Mon May 18, 2009 8:14 pm

Hi again,

Another beta that fixes some issues editing podcasts introduced in 2.0.3. I made another attempt at fixing the storm volume issues, I also made it so that if you play a file by hand (ie not one in the playlist) when it finishes it won't start up the playlist.

Let me know how it goes. Grab it here

Any storm users that had the volume issue before wanna try it and see if it's fixed?

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Re: PodTrapper Beta 2.0.4 Released

New postby Tripper_ on Mon May 18, 2009 8:36 pm

I had same issues as with v2.0.3. Thanks
Tripper_

New postby marwatk on Mon May 18, 2009 9:08 pm

Hi Tripper, can you describe what you're seeing?

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby Tripper_ on Mon May 18, 2009 9:46 pm

When I go into settings and change only download when charging. Then I exit and reload podtrapper it reverts back to the original setting. When adding a new podcast using the "enter urls manually" it gives me some type of java error. I just reloaded v2.0.2 and it does not have these problems.
Tripper_

New postby Neuroxic77 on Tue May 19, 2009 12:20 pm

I don t know what volume problems there were but I can hear the sound ramping up on playback and after pausing.

A new problem just arose. When I start PT it shows the pause symbol on the wrong podcast. Then when I choose last played It shows the last podcast that I finished and deleted.
Neuroxic77

New postby MADBRADNYC on Tue May 19, 2009 1:22 pm

"A new problem just arose. When I start PT it shows the pause symbol on the wrong podcast. Then when I choose last played It shows the last podcast that I finished and deleted."

I am having the same problem as Neuroxic77 about the pause symbol as well with the deleted podcasts. The pause symbol also shows after I have finished any podcast. Should there be a pause symbol when the podcast is finished? Is that normal behavior? I thought it should show either a stop/end symbol or nothing at all.

Also I continue to have 2 PodTrapper icons on my home screen. in our correspondence you indicated that after version 2.0.3 there should only be 1 icon. Did you apply this new fix, or is this normal behavior at this time until you do apply a fix. Maybe I have to do a removal and reinstall? :evil:
MADBRADNYC

New postby MADBRADNYC on Tue May 19, 2009 5:43 pm

I was organizing my favorites, and checked out my saved favorite for your OTA link. I noticed you have ver. 2.0.5 posted. I downloaded it, but I continue to have the same problems as stated earlier (pause icon/2 home screen icons).

I am also noticing that I experience NOT being able to move the home screen icon AFTER I open up the program. Battery pulls seem to fix though. Any thoughts?
MADBRADNYC

New postby Neuroxic77 on Tue May 19, 2009 5:54 pm

MadBrad

I put my play/pausd icon in a folder I never use then I hid the icon. I forgot that there were two icons till I read your post.
Neuroxic77

New postby MADBRADNYC on Tue May 19, 2009 6:13 pm

Neuroxic77 wrote:MadBrad

I put my play/pausd icon in a folder I never use then I hid the icon. I forgot that there were two icons till I read your post.

Yes. I hid the icon as well. It was never really a problem to me. I just thought that there was only supposed to be 1 icon after the 2.0.3 build.

It only came up while emailing Marcus due to a problem I was having with there being no menu selection to move the homescreen icon around. I know, Weird. We think that it probably has something to do with my theme, but as I stated it only happens after I use the program, not before. That does not bother me as well because I have the homescreen icon where I want it anyway. Most users probably have the icon where they want it anyway and never touch it again.

But, being that he wants to put out the best that he can, he has been interested in the situation.

How's it goin' on your end?
MADBRADNYC

New postby marwatk on Tue May 19, 2009 6:28 pm

Hi guys, thanks for all the feedback.

2.0.5 fixes the settings issue that was causing a lot of the problems from earlier posts.

Not sure how the dual icon crept its way back in, but I've removed that for the next one again (and will check it before it goes out to make sure it stays gone). Thanks for letting me know. (Mine is hidden so after I checked on the previously release I didn't think to check again).

"A new problem just arose. When I start PT it shows the pause symbol on the wrong podcast. Then when I choose last played It shows the last podcast that I finished and deleted."

That problem should be fixed in 2.0.5, but you may need to play another episode to see it get fixed (there as a bug in how I was saving global settings like 'last played').

I don t know what volume problems there were but I can hear the sound ramping up on playback and after pausing.

Crap, I was hoping to do it fast enough to not be noticable. It is bad/distracting? The bug with the volume is that with some Storm OS versions (.75 I think, the only one verizon has) no sound would play after resuming from pause or playing fresh. Users would have to play/pause/play to get the sound to work. Were you not seeing that? (The 'fix' via ramping the volume over time only kicks in on the storm, so other users won't see it, and I don't have a storm to test with).

Let me know if you guys find anything else.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby Neuroxic77 on Tue May 19, 2009 6:39 pm

Cool. I never knew there was a problem with it. I've been
using PT for awhile now and it seems to get better and better every time Marcus puts up a new Beta.

I haven't needed to set up multi playlists yet so I
haven't tested out that feature. The ability to use the
mute button to play and pause is a great improvement.
Neuroxic77

New postby Tripper_ on Tue May 19, 2009 6:45 pm

Yes, the save settings is fixed. I'm still unable to add new podcast manually "java.lang.NullPointerException: null".
Tripper_

New postby marwatk on Tue May 19, 2009 7:01 pm

Just rolled 2.0.6, should fix those issues. Give it a shot.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby Neuroxic77 on Tue May 19, 2009 7:05 pm

[quote]Crap, I was hoping to do it fast enough to not be noticable. It is bad/distracting? The bug with the volume is that with some Storm OS versions (.75 I think, the only one verizon has) no sound would play after resuming from pause or playing fresh. Users would have to play/pause/play to get the sound to work. Were you not seeing that? (The 'fix' via ramping the volume over time only kicks in on the storm, so other users won't see it, and I don't have a storm to test with)./quote]

Ohhhh thats the sound problem you were talking about! :oops: I always thought it was a mute/unmute issue.

I like the ramping it sounds nice. There is a pop/crack noise when the sound resumes then it ramps up. If you could get that pop out that would be great.
Neuroxic77

New postby Tripper_ on Tue May 19, 2009 7:15 pm

That seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks
Tripper_

New postby marwatk on Tue May 19, 2009 8:06 pm

There is a pop/crack noise when the sound resumes then it ramps up. If you could get that pop out that would be great.

Unfortunately that's a hardware thing :(

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby MADBRADNYC on Thu May 21, 2009 12:37 am

The dual icon problem is fixed. Thanks.

Will post again the more I play with it. :evil:
MADBRADNYC

Return to Announcements