PodTrapper 2.0.3 Released!

New Apps, versions, features, etc

PodTrapper 2.0.3 Released!

New postby marwatk on Sun May 17, 2009 9:48 pm

Holy crap, it's seriously been a month. Sorry about that. School and work got in the way (though I'm a graduate now, so I know stuff, so that's good).

At any rate, at long last (sorry, Andrew), this release should have full multi-playlist support. You can create playlists and configure which playlists podcasts should be auto-added to, and each playlist maintains its own sort settings and such. Playlists also work a bit differently, they should be more intuitive and less prone to losing things due to error. This opened up a whole swath of use cases that I haven't begun testing yet, so I'd love feedback here on issues you run into.

Also, the issue with deleting files should be permanently fixed, so let me know there.

Oh, and a huge one, I can now see the convenience keys and mute key (at the top of the phone) when the device is locked! No more dual icons! You can configure what you want these to do in the (new) keyboard settings screen. Let me know if it also works when holstered, I don't have a holster to test with (though it seemed to work in the simulator).

NOTE: There are a TON of backend changes in this release, including to data storage so please please please fully exit PodTrapper before upgrading (via Menu->exit) so that it stores a backup of your current settings to your SD card.

If you've read all of the above, get it here: 2.0.3

Happy Podcasting.
-Marcus

P.S. I have to clean up and make the multi-playlist stuff better (clean up menu items, the ability to specify other playlists to add to instead of just the active one, etc) that I'm going to add, but I wanted to get the base functionality out there and pounded on while I add that.
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Re: PodTrapper 2.0.3 Released!

New postby diffused on Sun May 17, 2009 10:48 pm

:lol: CONGRADUATIONS Mr. Marcus!
diffused~

BOLD TOUCH 9930 O.S. 7.1.0.342
diffused

New postby countstex on Mon May 18, 2009 8:11 am

Added, seem to have a problem selecting playlists however. If I try to change a podcast, or the default settings.. I can remove an entry from playlists.. but if I 'tick' a new one i can't save, just returns to the same option screen and if I try to exit it asks me to save again.. I did exit PT before I upgraded, but maybe it's in need of a full re-install?
countstex

New postby marwatk on Mon May 18, 2009 8:47 am

Sounds like a bug, I'll get it fixed tonight so you don't have to go through the downgrade process.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby countstex on Mon May 18, 2009 10:42 am

Cheers, no biggie for me as I mainly will use the playlists to separate out my video from my audio, and I can still remove the video from the playlist so it's actually working just fine from a practical standpoint, but yes.. needs a hammer ;)
countstex

New postby Tripper_ on Mon May 18, 2009 4:16 pm

I ended up going back to 2.0.2. I couldn't add new podcast and it would forget settings I changed and saved. Really liked the way you can assign shortcut keys.
Tripper_

New postby whistleli on Mon May 18, 2009 4:39 pm

Suggest to allocate more keys on the shortcuts,especially the playlists switch function. The current one is not as stable as previous ones, hope can make it more stable :)
whistleli

New postby marwatk on Mon May 18, 2009 6:25 pm

Oh yeah, I totally expect the next few betas to be horribly unstable. A ton of stuff is changing behind the scenes, so I'm definitely looking for feedback where people run into issues.

I'll be adding lots more UI stuff in the coming releases, but for now I wanted to get the base functionality in people's hands to help find issues with it.

Tripper_, the bug you ran into should be fixed in 2.0.4 (which I'll be posting in about an hour and a half).

Let me know what else you guys run into.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby vicicasas on Mon May 18, 2009 9:50 pm

LOL @ "I'm a graduate now, so I know stuff, so that's good"

Say, does PT check itself for upgrades or should I just keep checking the board for new releases?

Ya know a really snazzy way of notifying us would be for you to create a PodTrapper podcast which we all subscribe to and that's released simultaneously with every new build. Even if it's just you mumbling "Ok, there's a new one out, grab it."

Haha yeah I know too time consuming but just thought I'd throw that out there. Downloading 2.03 now!
vicicasas

New postby marwatk on Tue May 19, 2009 6:30 pm

Hi Vic,

Say, does PT check itself for upgrades or should I just keep checking the board for new releases?

Yup, when real releases (non-beta) go out PodTrapper will see them and ask you if you want to upgrade.

I actually just got a microphone to do a podcast :) The next major release (probably to be labeled 2.1) will ask if you want to subscribe to the PodTrapper/VersatileMonkey podcast. You can all hear my geekiness in hifi stereo!

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby Neuroxic77 on Tue May 19, 2009 7:34 pm

I just subscribe to this forum and then I get an email on my BB when anyone posts in Announcements.
Neuroxic77

Return to Announcements