PodTrapper 2.0.2 Beta Released

New Apps, versions, features, etc

PodTrapper 2.0.2 Beta Released

New postby marwatk on Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:07 pm

Hi guys,

Another beta, a couple more features and more bug fixes. I'm closer to the mulitple playlist thing, but unfortunately didn't make it all the way there (next week I can't work on PT, so I'll be picking it up again next weekend).

Download and view changelog here

Let me know how this one works for you...

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Re: PodTrapper 2.0.2 Beta Released

New postby gahoo on Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:14 am

"Large album art on playback screen" is a nice addition.
gahoo

New postby marwatk on Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:26 pm

:) Thanks, a lot of people wanted to see that. As always, let me know if there's anything else you'd like to see.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby Techitrucker on Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:42 pm

Love the full screen cover art also. Any reason it does not seem to work on broadcasts from the TWIT network? Artwork is there somewhere as it shows up when played in BBMP. Also how is memory management in this version. Had a serious memory leak in 2.0.

[email protected]
Techitrucker

New postby marwatk on Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:23 pm

Do you not see any artwork on your twit podcasts (even the smaller ones)?

For the memory thing, there shouldn't be any leaks in PT anymore (this was a problem back in the 1.5 days, but since around 1.8 it's been heavily optimized). What type of issues were you seeing?

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby chuvisco on Tue May 12, 2009 4:39 pm

Hi Marcus,

I generally like the new interface in 2.0, but I've been running into Java errors. This is not exhaustive, but here are some examples:

• When transitioning from one item in the playlist to the next, I sometimes get a Java playback error and playback doesn't begin.
  • When resuming a paused podcast, I sometimes (not often, but enough to be annoying) get a Java playback error and lose my place in the podcast.
  • Sometimes, when I open a podcast list, it appears to be empty until I exit the list and come back.
  • After updating podcasts, I occasionally see a Java error saying that a file(s) could not be deleted.
Sorry I'm not more descriptive about the error messages--it's hard to keep track of that while driving. :)

Others don't seem to be reporting problems--maybe it's my outdated 8330? I'd love to upgrade, but this is the state-of-the-art QWERTY in CDMAland. I've upgraded my OS to 4.5.0.131, but there's not much more I can do.

I tried 2.0.2, and I can't say if it's better or worse, but I'm still seeing too many errors for my tastes. Can you post/send me a link to 1.8.4? 1.7.2-1.8.4 were working very well for me (although I have run into some problems that I am guessing correlate with my BB's memory leaking). I need to start archiving Podtrapper versions ...

Thanks,

Mike
chuvisco

New postby arkolbus on Tue May 12, 2009 4:44 pm

I've been getting these same errors. I emailed Marcus about it a few weeks ago, hopefully it gets fixed soon.
HTC Droid Incredible 2
Verizon Wireless
Android 2.3.3
Podtrapper 3.0.20
arkolbus

New postby marwatk on Wed May 13, 2009 7:43 pm

Hi guys, yeah, it's been a long time since I released a new beta. Combination of finals (I'm a college graduate now!), the app store not working for upgrades, and a whole host of other stuff.

At any rate, this weekend I'll be releasing a new version that should fix most of these issues.

And you can always use the older versions (they're available here and here), I'd be very interested in hearing if the errors go away with those versions, since none of that stuff really changed between 1.8 and 2.0 (Though obviously something did).

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Announcements