1.8.2 and Desktop Dler 1.2 PreReleased

New Apps, versions, features, etc

1.8.2 and Desktop Dler 1.2 PreReleased

New postby marwatk on Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:32 pm

Hi guys,

Ok, I think I finally fixed (rewrote) the desktop downloader stuff. I've been testing it for a couple of hours with all combinations of live and dead servers, and I couldn't break it. Of course, 5 minutes after posting this it'll break, but such is life. :)

There are some tweaks to lots of backend stuff in this memory and cpu wise, but other than that no new features.

Give it a shot at the prerelease site.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Re: 1.8.2 and Desktop Dler 1.2 PreReleased

New postby StormDoc on Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:46 am

Not sure when this bug might of appeared as I haven't listened to an audio book in awhile but I was an hour into one when I had to stop but when returned showed was 100% Listened. Fine, I went to the beginning and hit the advance forward by 10 min which moved the visual indicator to about an hour but started to play from the beginning even though the visual showed I was at about an hour into it. I can reproduce this every time if I push the button several time again will advance the visual indicator but starts replaying from beginning? Same on 1.8.2
StormDoc

New postby marwatk on Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:09 pm

Hi StormDoc,

Sometimes the seek behavior is related to individual files. Can you seek at all in that file?

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby MrSimmonsSr on Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:26 pm

Marcus,

Great Job! I've downloaded at least 15 episodes now without a single issue. That hasn't happened for me in weeks! It looks like you resolved whatever the issues were with the latest versions and the Desktop Downloader application. Thanks for all your hard work on it.

I'll continue to expand my podcast list back to where it was before the issues started and I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks again!
MrSimmonsSr

New postby Loopy on Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:06 am

I installed this latest version, and now when I'm playing an audio podcast there is no description (or any other text) below the play, ff, rew buttons.
Loopy

New postby MrSimmonsSr on Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:20 am

FYI: I'm not having any issue with the podcast episode details. They are showing up on the episode page properly for me..
MrSimmonsSr

New postby marwatk on Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:50 pm

The description thing is a 1.8.3 issue. It's fixed now, but I'm holding off on releasing until Monday to see if any other issues come up. Fingers crossed that 1.8.4 can be a full release.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby StormDoc on Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:49 pm

Marcus,
The 30 sec forward seems to work and I can use the skip forward 10 min twice maybe three times before starts the file from the beginning with the visual indicator still being correct. Does 1.8.3 address this?
Thanks a lot.
J
StormDoc

New postby marwatk on Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:00 pm

What type of file is it? My guess is there's some sort of corruption in it, but I can't be sure without seeing the logs. PodTrapper uses the internal media player for all playback, so I'd be interested to see if you get similar behavior in BBMP.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Announcements