PodTrapper Causes Reboot with Plugged In Headphones

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

PodTrapper Causes Reboot with Plugged In Headphones

New postby cyberhiker on Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:42 am

PodTrapper installed and works fine, accept when I plug in headphones. If I have headphones plugged in when I start to play or I start to play and plug in headphones the entire phone reboots.

Blackberry Bold
BB OS: 4.6.0.297
PodTrapper Ver: 2.6.7

I updated to 2.6.7 last night and this started happening.
cyberhiker

Re: PodTrapper Causes Reboot with Plugged In Headphones

New postby marwatk on Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:33 pm

Can you try setting the output mode to "OS Managed" and see if that helps? This one is actually an OS bug with respect to audio routing (there's an open ticket on it with rim).

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby AnotherVictim9630 on Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:35 am

I have been having this very same issue with the rebooting of the phone. BUT, mine happens whether the headphones are plugged in or not. Also it doesn't reboot everytime something is played, only certain downloads reboot the device. I have a Blackberry Tour 9630 running OS 5.0.0.419 and Podtrapper 2.6.7. The only "output mode" i found in the settings asks "Keep setting output mode" (No/If Needed/Always) Has been set to No and Always and still reboots device.
AnotherVictim9630

New postby marwatk on Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:42 am

AnotherVictim9630 wrote:I have been having this very same issue with the rebooting of the phone. BUT, mine happens whether the headphones are plugged in or not. Also it doesn't reboot everytime something is played, only certain downloads reboot the device. I have a Blackberry Tour 9630 running OS 5.0.0.419 and Podtrapper 2.6.7. The only "output mode" i found in the settings asks "Keep setting output mode" (No/If Needed/Always) Has been set to No and Always and still reboots device.

Hmm, can you check two things?

1. On the Settings -> Playback Settings screen make sure that Buffer Playback is 'No'

2. On the playback screen (the one with all the media control icons), hit the menu and choose 'Select output' and choose 'OS Managed'

Let me know if that doesn't help.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby AnotherVictim9630 on Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:12 pm

Hello, I set buffer playback to 'No', and chose 'OS Managed' for my selected output and the phone still rebooted with headphones plugged in and without headphones plugged in. Wish you luck in figuring out the problem! (The podcast episodes that are giving me problems are: "A State of Trance Official Podcast Episode 113 from 2/4/10 and "Tiesto's club life podcast 148 from 2/1/10"). I have listened to other episodes from both podcasts without a problem.
AnotherVictim9630

New postby AnotherVictim9630 on Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:00 am

Still having trouble with phone rebooting during podcast playback. As it turns out "A State of Trance Official Podcast" cannot be listened to at all. Every episode I download reboots the phone. Can anyone else try this podcast out, and tell me if their phone reboots? Thanks.
AnotherVictim9630

New postby marwatk on Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:06 pm

Looks like it's an AAC file. On some versions of OS 5 RIM severely broke AAC files (though rebooting is new)

Can you send me the OS details from your 'About' screen? I'll file a bug with them on it.

(For my reference the file is located http://www3.armadamusic.com/podcasts/podcast.php )

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help