2.6.7 issue with TWIT?

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

2.6.7 issue with TWIT?

New postby tmg8r on Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:15 pm

I haven't been able to play the last couple episodes of the This Week In Tech (TWIT) podcast using Podtrapper though they have played in the Blackberry media player. I think this coincided with my installation of version 2.6.7 so maybe there's a connection.

Is anyone else having trouble with the TWIT podcast?
http://leoville.tv/podcasts/twit.xml

If I try to play the podcast it appears to do nothing though it also locks me out from playing other podcasts. Restarting Podtrapper allows me to play other podcasts again.
tmg8r

Re: 2.6.7 issue with TWIT?

New postby marwatk on Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:20 pm

Hi there,

Can you try turning off the 'Buffer Playback' option in the "Playback Settings" screen?

Let me know if that doesn't fix it for you.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby tmg8r on Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:23 pm

It plays now, though when I first tried resuming a video I was halfway through I got an error. I don't remember the exact message. After switching to another file and back it worked. So I still get periodic error messages, but having to hit play again (which usually works) is far better than not playing at all. Thanks for the help.

By the way I'm using a Blackberry Storm with OS 5.0.0.328.
tmg8r

New postby ammonsd on Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:04 am

I'm having the same issues with several Podcasts, not just TWIT, on my Storm2 since I installed 2.6.7. I've never had this issue with any prior version of Podtrapper.
ammonsd

New postby marwatk on Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:54 pm

ammonsd wrote:I'm having the same issues with several Podcasts, not just TWIT, on my Storm2 since I installed 2.6.7. I've never had this issue with any prior version of Podtrapper.

Have you disabled the 'Buffer Playback' option?

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby ammonsd on Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:37 pm

I have now. :D

Thanks
ammonsd

New postby marwatk on Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:40 pm

:) That should fix it for you, let me know if it crops up again.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby jddietrich on Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:38 am

I had the same issue, disabled buffer playback, and podcasts played again.
Now, after a couple of days, the problem is back.
Storm
jddietrich

New postby marwatk on Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:03 pm

Can you shoot me a copy of your logs right after seeing the issue? (Via the 'Email Developer' menu item)

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby cadzilla74 on Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:55 am

I'm running PT 2.6.9 and have been listening to TWIT podcasts through several revisions usually without problems. I'm running OS 5.0.419 on my Storm. Verizon's .328 had problems with both PT and BB Media Player. Have you tried using BB Media Player to listen to TWIT? Does it have the same problem? You can launch the file from within PT by choosing Play in BBMP from the Menu once you have highlighted the podcast or you can open it by finding it on your SD Card via the Media option on your Home screen. On rare occasions with previous Beta versions of PT I had playback issues with the app and it would play back OK using BBMP. Marcus quickly issued updates to fix those issues. Usually, any playback problems have been present in both PT and BBMP though which would indicate an OS problem or a problem with the podcast itself. Hope this helps you narrow it down.
<HTC Thunderbolt/Gingerbread and Motorola Droid 3/Gingerbread - Verizon - PodTrapper 3.0.21> - <HoneyDew 2.0.6 HTC Thunderbolt/Motorola Droid 3>
cadzilla74

New postby jddietrich on Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:57 pm

Sorry,
By the time I saw you response I had deleted all the podcasts on the phone, powered down, did a battery pull and powered back up. I did try running one of the podcasts with BBMP and it did play. Since the power down, all seems OK again. How long is it until the logs wrap? Is it by number of entries or by date?
BTW, I am running .328, so maybe that's part of the problem.
Thanks for the help.
jddietrich

New postby marwatk on Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:18 pm

The logs are lost whenever podtrapper exits (via Menu->exit), or a device reboot. Other than the the player keeps enough data to show about the last one and a half played items, depending on how much seeking/volume changes were done while playing...

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby cadzilla74 on Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:20 pm

I know this is not a BlackBerry Forum but as a last bit of info since we have the same phone and I've used .328 ... Always do a battery pull if you experience any app weirdness. I had PT "issues" cleared by a battery pull. Also, Poynt would start leaking memory any time I used it until I did a battery pull even if it was shut down correctly. I also had issues with VZ Navigator saying it couldn't navigate to locations until, you guessed it, a battery pull. No Visual Voice Mail messages would show up or VVM would give error messages ... battery pull. Starting to see a trend here I bet? Not sure how in hell Verizon released an "official" OS that doesn't work worth a crap with 2 of their own apps they charge for monthly but there ya go.

I would strongly recommend going to crackberry.com and get a copy of the official Storm 1 released from MTS phone company 5.0.419 for Storm 1. It is as close to "Gold Code" as we are likely to get and I absolutely love it and so does my Storm. EVERYTHING works right. Very good instructions there on how to upgarde an OS as well and in this case it is well worth the effort.

There is a rumor that there will be ONE MORE official Verizon release for Storm 1 in early March. It is actually an update for Storm 2 but is still compatible with storm 1 because it is not such big upgrade that it goes beyond Storm 1 memory capabilities.

After that, expect RIM to release OS 6 or at least a Beta of it and we will be screwed because Storm 1 will not have enough physical memory to support it.
<HTC Thunderbolt/Gingerbread and Motorola Droid 3/Gingerbread - Verizon - PodTrapper 3.0.21> - <HoneyDew 2.0.6 HTC Thunderbolt/Motorola Droid 3>
cadzilla74

Return to Bugs and help