PT on BB OS5

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

PT on BB OS5

New postby rkoffler on Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:34 pm

I just updated my Storm with BB OS5. New problem (i.e., likely caused by new OS):
Open PT.
Start playing podcast.
Stop PT. Call that place the bookmark.
Close PT.
Reopen PT.
Resume podcast (i.e., resumes from bookmark).
Email or call comes in.
PT pauses.
Email done or call over.
PT restarts from bookmark, not from where it paused at the time call/email came in.
I fumble with fast-forward to find the right place to restart.
Does not happen when the next email or call comes in. That is, after the second (or third, etc.) email/call comes in, PT resumes correctly from where it paused.
rkoffler

Re: PT on BB OS5

New postby San Juan on Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:42 am

I have the same problem.
I do the Fix Player, or exit and restart.
Hope there is a fix for this.
I am running 2.5.1
San Juan

New postby marwatk on Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:49 pm

Hmm, when this happens, does the progress bar in PodTrapper reflect that the media has moved back to the bookmark?

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby bill724 on Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:59 pm

This sounds similar to the problem I had with a Storm 2 on BB OS 5.0, too (Ref: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=789). Wonder if there is something common there. I didn't get it down to a science like rkoffler, but seemingly odd combinations of events led the player to resume at an older stopping/pausing point. I'm definitely interested in figuring out why (although oddly it seems to not be happening as much any more, not sure if I've changed my behavior or if it's something else).

Marcus, as always, thanks for the great software and support. I continue to tell everyone I meet anywhere to download and buy PodTrapper :)

- Bill.
bill724

New postby marwatk on Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:11 pm

bill724 wrote:Marcus, as always, thanks for the great software and support. I continue to tell everyone I meet anywhere to download and buy PodTrapper :)

Thanks!

These CDMA issues really drive me nuts, because they're usually intermittent and difficult to reproduce, so all I can do from my end is take shots in the dark and try to remove the OS as much from the equation as possible. I'll keep working at it as long as you guys keep helping me out with tracking them down :)

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby bill724 on Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:45 pm

I was paying attention tonight...walked away from the office, listened to podtrapper from point A while walking to my car. Got to the car, podcast at point B (still playing), then called home for 30 seconds. When I hung up, podtrapper resumed from point A. Sounds like it matches what rkoffler was seeing. I couldn't tell where the progress bar was, sorry. My walk isn't that long.

San Juan, What is the "Fix Player" and how do I do it?

- Bill.
bill724

New postby marwatk on Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:53 pm

There's a 'Fix Player' menu item that will shut down the current player and attempt to resume from where PodTrapper thinks it should be in the file. If it's the OS that doesn't know where it should be it should resume from the proper place, but if the OS has convinced PodTrapper of a different place, it will merely resume where it was.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby bill724 on Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:27 am

Interesting, I haven't tried that feature (or even known it existed). There's a lot of work/features hidden in PT.

FWIW, this morning I had an example of this behavior happen where I was about 75% of the way through a podcast. I opened the particular episode, saw the bar at around 75% across, pressed play, and the bar went back to about 20% and the play resumed from that earlier 20% point (which is where I was when a phone call interrupted that podcast last night). I don't know if that helps you track the issue down or not, but I'm trying to pay more attention at least.

- Bill.
bill724

Return to Bugs and help