Error runnint podtrapper

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

Error runnint podtrapper

New postby kaediil on Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:41 pm

First, I just got a BB Tour and I am running OS 4.7.1.53. This is a weird one. I started out by downloading the podtrapper from the App World and entering my key from when I bought the software for my Curve. All good. Seemed to run things seemed good. Then I decided to try the new beta. Apparently this was a bad idea for me. I forgot/did not remove the Appworld version and ever since then no matter what I do, I have gotten: Error starting podtrapper: Module 'podtrapper-1' has verification errors. If I click ok then try again I get: Error staring podtrapper: Class org.xml.sax.Attributes' not found. Then it goes back and forth between those errors everytime I try to start it.

I have tried using the Options to delete podtrapper, I have reistalled the one from the app world, I have removed the app using BBSAK. Nothing seems to clear it out and fix the problem. If I try to reboot with the app installed, I get the white screen error 552 error and have to connect with BBSAK and remove podtrapper.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get PodTrapper to work? I am about ready to reinstall my OS and see if that works - the 5.0.0.230 is out anyway, good a time as any to try it.

-frank
kaediil

Re: Error runnint podtrapper

New postby marwatk on Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:34 pm

Hi Frank,

No clue what happened there. The module names are the same between the beta and the App World, so it should have overwritten it. Can you try installing the beta again? (I don't trust the app world installer).

If that doesn't work, you may try loading PodTrapper via the desktop manager, here are the files necessary for your phone:
http://ota.versatilemonkey.com/beta/4.7/podtrapper.zip

Let me know.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby kaediil on Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:45 pm

Well installing this through the desktop manager gave me a slightly different error - Module 'podtrapper-2' has verification errors. Then it cycles with OutOfMemory. I checked and have 85 MB free so that is not the problem.

Sigh, thanks for the help, looks like it is an OS reinstall.

-frank
kaediil

New postby marwatk on Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:12 am

If you haven't reinstalled yet, you may try using the javaloader to remove the module, but it's a bit complicated.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby kaediil on Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:39 pm

Thanks, I did try that. I used BBSAK to remove the COD and the JavaLoader. I was having trouble getting lots of apps to install after that so something else was going on. I wiped and reinstalled last night and it seems fine now.

-frank
kaediil

New postby marwatk on Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:40 pm

Ok, I'll chalk that up to OS issues, then :)

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help