Easy way for PodTrapper to scan the SD card for podcasts?

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

Easy way for PodTrapper to scan the SD card for podcasts?

New postby bill724 on Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:30 pm

For a variety of reasons, I've been switching back and forth between two BlackBerry devices every couple days. Both have PodTrapper (of course). And I switch the same micro SD card back and forth with the podcast storage. Here's my question:

Is there a way I can tell PodTrapper to look on the SD card to see if the episodes it thinks it should download are already on the card? Or have already been downloaded? Is there some setting file somewhere I can restore each time I switch to make this process more seamless? Otherwise I have to do more work to manage the list.

Thanks in advance for any ideas!!

- Bill.
bill724

Re: Easy way for PodTrapper to scan the SD card for podcasts?

New postby marwatk on Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:19 pm

Hi Bill,

You may be able to get this to work if you perform a restore the first time you launch PodTrapper when switching. See this page for details:
http://www.versatilemonkey.com/wiki/Bac ... r_settings

Restoring from the SD card should bring the one you're switching to up to the state of the one you're switching from. Let me know how it goes.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby bill724 on Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:14 am

Interesting. I'll give it a try the next time I switch.
bill724

New postby bill724 on Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:34 pm

Marcus,

Thanks again for your product and your support. There may have been an easier way, but before I switched devices I exited PodTrapper (so it saved all the backup stuff), loaded up BB DTM and backed up the old device. Then I started the new device, connected it to BB DTM, did an advanced restore, picked the PodTrapper settings from the old backup I just created, and there everything was. There may be a way to do that with fewer steps, but it worked and it wasn't too rough. And now I don't need to remember whether I've already heard a given podcast or wait while it downloads a second time.

Thanks! Still my favorite podcast catcher/player, even though the iPhone has gotten better in the latest release. I still tell everyone to buy PodTrapper and it's the second application I install every time I get a new BlackBerry (right after gmail). Next I need to try your new reminder app...but I keep forgetting.

- Bill.
bill724

New postby marwatk on Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:26 pm

Thanks! I love writing them, so it's great that people are enjoying them too.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby bill724 on Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:23 am

Just wanted to confirm that this process works. I've got the routine down now and every time I switch, it's just a couple extra steps and all of my podcasts are there, right where I left off. Thanks!
bill724

Return to Bugs and help