Podcast restarts after receiving a notifcation

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

Podcast restarts after receiving a notifcation

New postby LLP on Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:44 pm

I was listening to a podcast (very interesting one, by the way) a few days ago and was maybe 10 minutes into it when I received a text message on my phone. The podcast stopped briefly as it always did, but instead of picking up where it left off, it started over. Over the course of the next 10 minutes, I received about 4 more texts, and each time the podcast started from the beginning.

I'm new to this whole thing, and if this has already been addressed, please point me in the right direction. I did do a search before posting this, but didn't find what I was looking for.

If it makes a difference, I have an 8330.
LLP

Re: Podcast restarts after receiving a notifcation

New postby marwatk on Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:43 pm

Hi there,

Generally this is an OS specific glitch, but it can also happen on files where the BBMP is incapable of seeking in. Are you able to seek around in that podcast normally?

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby LLP on Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:43 am

I can, though sometimes the bar will show that I'm at the end of the podcast when I'm really in the middle somewhere, or even at the beginning. That only happens when I back up to something I've missed though.

I don't want to mix issues, but I've also emailed you about output issues where even though it's set to auto, it doesn't play through a headset when I plug it in.

The issue usually resolves itself when I unplug the headset and plug it in again, but this morning it kept switching back to playing through my phone's speaker. The same thing happened when I plugged it into the stereo in my car. I thought maybe there was a problem with the jack on my phone, but I'm listening to music right now from my media card and I'm not having any issues.

Is there a chance the issues are related somehow?
LLP

New postby Aussie_Nick on Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:02 pm

Hi mate,

I just reinstalled a fresh copy of PT hoping that that would fix it (I have the same pause/won't fastforward issue), but alas no - it still does it.
If I pause a podcast and then come back later, it just begins playing from the start of the podcast again and, even though the bar might say that I am now at '50%' etc as I try fast forwarding, it just keeps playing from the start again... Very odd.

Let me know if you work it out!
Nick
Aussie_Nick

New postby marwatk on Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:19 pm

The headset thing is usually a sign of a bad phone, do you get the same thing in BBMP?

For resuming, if you close podtrapper and reopen it (with Menu -> Exit) and play the same file again are you able ot seek back to where you left off?

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby LLP on Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:23 pm

I just tried stopping a podcast and then going back.

I stopped the podcast and the blue bar showed at 30%. I exited the application, then went back into it, and the bar still showed at 30%, but when I hit play, it started from the beginning while still showing it at 30%. I tried to fast forward, and the blue bar moved up (I stopped at 56%), but the audio itself didn't fast forward at all. The arrow buttons are affecting the status bar only, and not the audio.

Also, I notice that the issue with the output jumping from headset to speaker happened with only one podcast (not one specific file, but one particular subscription). With other subscriptions, it may start playing on speaker, but if I unplug the headset and plug it in again, it goes back to the headset.
LLP

New postby marwatk on Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:09 pm

Hmm, can you try playing that episode in the BBMP (via the "Play in BBMP" menu item) and see if you can seek around in there?

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help