Bookmarks do not seem to work at all

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

Bookmarks do not seem to work at all

New postby akom on Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:41 am

I have the latest (as of yesterday) - 2.6.7 Podtrapper on a Storm2 9550. This is a trial version.

I think I understand how to use bookmarks, but they don't seem to work. I've tried bookmarking a position in long files (3 hour long mono 32kb CBR mp3 - long VBR's doesn't seek well on blackberry). I've tried bookmarking a position in 5 minute conventional music tracks.

I do this by: menu->add Bookmark(M)->give it a name.
Then I go to main screen->settings->view bookmarks, click one.

It just goes to whatever position that file happens to be at - whether at the beginning, end, or a random position. The position does not change.

Is this a known issue with the Storm2 or should I submit a log from the app?
akom

Re: Bookmarks do not seem to work at all

New postby akom on Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:55 am

On the off chance I am misunderstanding the very concept of bookmarks:

I was hoping for bookmarks that are fixed in position, forever. Meaning that I want to listen to the same section of a recording over and over. (They are guided meditations interspersed within a 3 hour recording)

I understand that for audiobooks you probably want an ever-advancing bookmark. Can podtrapper do what I am looking for or do I still need to carry my venerable IAudio X5L? (Technically the only reason I'm trying podtrapper is for the bookmark feature - it's the only thing I want from the media player that the blackberry doesn't already do for me).

Also, I verified that the bookmarks behave this way regardless of whether the file came from a podcast or from browsing the local SD card contents.

Thanks again - if this is resolved I will gladly register.
akom

Re: Bookmarks do not seem to work at all

New postby marwatk on Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:21 pm

Hi Akom,

They're actually a work in progress. Right now they're reference only, but in the next version clicking on should take you to that location in the file. Just not there yet.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help