Can't subscribe after update

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

Can't subscribe after update

New postby charliehversatile on Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:46 pm

After updating to version 2.5.0 on my BB Bold, I can't add podasts.

I'm trying to add Car Talk and Bill Moyers. I tried using the subscribe menu item in bb browser. It says "podcast added" but it hasn't been added.

Then I tried copying the podcast url into the manual subscribe field, and again it silently fails.

-Charlie
charliehversatile

Re: Can't subscribe after update

New postby arkolbus on Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:09 am

Check a couple of places:
1) When you first add a podcast, before that podcast updates the name of the podcast is the URL of the podcast feed. Check your list of podcasts (Main Screen) for a podcast that starts with "http://". Car Talk will probably look like "http://www.npr.org/rss/podcast.php?id=510208". After the first successful update, the name will change to "NPR: Car Talk Podcast", or something similar.
2) Make sure you haven't chosen "View w/Ready Eps" from the main menu. If this is chosen, you will only see podcasts that have episodes that are fully downloaded and ready for listening. To check this, go to the "Main Screen" and hit menu. If you don't see "View w/Ready Eps", but instead see "View All", try selecting "View All" and check your podcast list.
HTC Droid Incredible 2
Verizon Wireless
Android 2.3.3
Podtrapper 3.0.20
arkolbus

New postby charliehversatile on Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:44 pm

It was set to "view w/ready" by default. View all shows the newly subscribed podcasts.
charliehversatile

New postby arkolbus on Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:53 pm

charliehversatile wrote:It was set to "view w/ready" by default. View all shows the newly subscribed podcasts.

Problem solved, then?
HTC Droid Incredible 2
Verizon Wireless
Android 2.3.3
Podtrapper 3.0.20
arkolbus

Return to Bugs and help