Auto start on reboot - can't find folder

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

Auto start on reboot - can't find folder

New postby cwebb3 on Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:47 am

I'm running the latest beta (2.5.1) on a BB Storm (v 4.7) with Podtrapper set to automatically start after a re-boot.

Nearly every time I reboot, and then attempt to open what should be a background-running Podtrapper , I receive an error: "Uh oh, I couldn't find your storage folder...." I assume this means that Podtrapper never did a full start up in the background, and that it was waiting to display the error notice.

If I then click "Exit" on that error box, and start Podtrapper from scratch, all goes as it should.

I've said "nearly every time" because I've found twice now that I didn't have the problem. When I didn't have the problem, I had attempted to access Podtrapper immediately after the bootup. However, I haven't had time to check to see if that happens every time.
cwebb3

Re: Auto start on reboot - can't find folder

New postby marwatk on Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:24 pm

Hi there,

Someone else ran in to this as well, it seems like some OS versions don't always have the SD card up and ready by the time they trigger 3rd party apps to start. I have it on my bug fix list to delay startup when this case is detected, I should have something ready shortly.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby Guest on Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:44 pm

Ok, great. Thanks Marcus.

New postby Duds on Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:05 pm

Any news on this issue? I use quickpull every night and when starting podtrapper in the morning, i get the error message finding the storage folder. A fix would be great! Otherwise, I love the app and am very happy with my purchase :)
Thanks
Duds

New postby marwatk on Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:37 pm

I've been out for a while, but it's definitely on my todo list for the next beta (likely this weekend).

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help