Updated to 2.5 PT Player won't play anything

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

Updated to 2.5 PT Player won't play anything

New postby cadzilla74 on Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:59 pm

BBMP works if opened from Media. PT will not play anything. Start to play an mp3 podcast, nothing happens, Fix Player won't do anything, select Stop from the Menu since no other controls work, locks up my Storm solid. Battery pull required. This started last night with 2.2.2 so I thought updating to official 2.5 might fix it. Nope. Any ideas?

Edit **** - Looks like the particular podcast got corrupted completely. Deleted all downloaded episodes. Redownloaded one abnd it crashed again. Deleted entire podcast from the list after battery pull. Other podcasts now appear to be OK. Oh well, it wasn't that great a podcast ... LOL.
Last edited by cadzilla74 on Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<HTC Thunderbolt/Gingerbread and Motorola Droid 3/Gingerbread - Verizon - PodTrapper 3.0.21> - <HoneyDew 2.0.6 HTC Thunderbolt/Motorola Droid 3>
cadzilla74

Re: Updated to 2.5 PT Player won't play anything

New postby cadzilla74 on Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:13 pm

May have solved my own problem. Used File Scout to remove BBThumbs.dat and old PT backup dat files from SD card. The player was definitely getting confused finding the files to play or having trouble with one particular podcast. After file removal and battery pull I started another podcast and the PT player fired right up no problem.

Nope ... not fixed. Played one episode fine and locked up on the next one.

Updated first post. One podcast was totally corrupted. t is now history. Others are working ok. Crisis over.
<HTC Thunderbolt/Gingerbread and Motorola Droid 3/Gingerbread - Verizon - PodTrapper 3.0.21> - <HoneyDew 2.0.6 HTC Thunderbolt/Motorola Droid 3>
cadzilla74

New postby marwatk on Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:50 pm

If you resubscribe do you see the same thing? If so can you send me a copy of the logs?

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby cadzilla74 on Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:27 am

Hi Marcus, the podcast was a piece of fluff called Around the World in the Short Bus with Mike. Just a goofy 2 minutes a day comedy bit. I didn't bother to resubscribe but I'll be glad to try it if you'd like.
cadzilla74

Return to Bugs and help