no coverage available

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

no coverage available

New postby tritan on Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:19 pm

I can't update any of the new podcasts I just added . just download the trail and it says at the bottom downloading paused: no coverage available. i check my verizon tour and it shows EVDO 4 bars signal. any ideas>
Verizon Tour
Podtrapper 2.5
tritan

Re: no coverage available

New postby tritan on Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:38 pm

Ok,so I figured out there is a download option turned off by default for wireless download. Huge warning on OTA downloads has anybody had issues with OTA downloads? I turn mass storage mode off and hit update all and still can't get my tour to sync or find the podcast plugged in to my computer. help?
Verizon Tour
Podtrapper 2.5
tritan

New postby marwatk on Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:42 pm

Hi Tritan,

If you're on verizon with an unlimited data plan you shouldn't have any issues, lots of my users use OTA with verizon.

Not sure what you mean by can't find the podcast plugged in to your computer, would you mind elaborating a bit further?

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby tritan on Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:50 pm

I wanted to do the refresh by computer and cable and can't get it to work. The note stated to turn off mass storage mode so I did under options/ memory and media card. I then kept the tour plugged into the computer and can't figure how to sync up the podcasts. I hit menu key and hit update all since this will be the first upload for all. Nothing happens.
Verizon Tour
Podtrapper 2.5
tritan

New postby marwatk on Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:07 pm

Hi Tritan,

You're trying to use the desktop downloader? Is the desktop downloader running in your system tray? (The little orange icon). Have you subscribed to any podcasts inside PodTrapper?

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby tritan on Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:20 pm

I loaded the software OTA on to my tour. I then subscribed on the device to alot of podcasts then tryed to sync opening the desktop software and plugging in the cable.
Verizon Tour
Podtrapper 2.5
tritan

New postby marwatk on Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:21 pm

Can you send me a copy of your logs? (Via the email developer menu item). They'll help me see what's going on.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby tritan on Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:55 pm

I will see what I can do. I have started downloading OTA and its seems to be working . Wow 2 hours and still working for my 9 podcasts.
Verizon Tour
Podtrapper 2.5
tritan

New postby marwatk on Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:06 pm

Yeah, OTA is definitely not the fastest thing in the world :)

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby tritan on Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:52 pm

sorry been busy, I do Iget you a copy of my logs? Also is it possible to put a ringer in place instead of a pause when a phone call breaks into a podcast? I love that it breaks in but I have a hard time deciding is this a pause in the audio or a call coming in by the time I pull my bb out of the holster and check it I miss the call alot of times.
Verizon Tour
Podtrapper 2.5
tritan

New postby marwatk on Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:20 pm

Hi Tritan,

I can look at that, but my phone alerts me to calls via a tone, maybe a device thing? Not sure. Anyone else see this?

You can send your logs via the 'Email developer' menu item.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby tritan on Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:40 pm

logs sent
Verizon Tour
Podtrapper 2.5
tritan

New postby tritan on Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:18 pm

marwatk wrote:Hi Tritan,

I can look at that, but my phone alerts me to calls via a tone, maybe a device thing? Not sure. Anyone else see this?

You can send your logs via the 'Email developer' menu item.

-Marcus

I have a Tour and it just pauses no tone. hmmm does it matter what the porfile is set to. I leave it in normal . I mow grass for my job and where a giant set of ear muffles with a 3.5 jack on it to plug into my bb tour. It works great with your program minus a few missed calls.
Verizon Tour
Podtrapper 2.5
tritan

New postby arkolbus on Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:22 pm

I think the behavior is caused by the headphones being plugged in. The BB detects that headphones are plugged in, but a headset isn't. The BB knows you can't use the headphones to handle the call, so it doesn't alert you over the headphones. I don't think this behavior is specific to PT, but maybe Marcus can still detect the call and play an audible alert.
HTC Droid Incredible 2
Verizon Wireless
Android 2.3.3
Podtrapper 3.0.20
arkolbus

New postby tritan on Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:28 am

I will try this using my default set of headphones over just a regular set of headphones and see if it rings. Thanks for the idea. 8-)
Verizon Tour
Podtrapper 2.5
tritan

New postby arkolbus on Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:04 pm

It's not a question of what pair of headphones you use, it's a matter of whether you're using headphones, a headset (with mic), or nothing at all. If you're using a headset it will probably ring through the headset. If you have nothing plugged in, it should ring as normal. My hunch is that the BB isn't ringing because you have headphones plugged in.

Then again, this is purely speculation. Anyone have any experience with this or some deeper insight?
HTC Droid Incredible 2
Verizon Wireless
Android 2.3.3
Podtrapper 3.0.20
arkolbus

New postby tritan on Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:37 pm

arkolbus wrote:It's not a question of what pair of headphones you use, it's a matter of whether you're using headphones, a headset (with mic), or nothing at all. If you're using a headset it will probably ring through the headset. If you have nothing plugged in, it should ring as normal. My hunch is that the BB isn't ringing because you have headphones plugged in.

Then again, this is purely speculation. Anyone have any experience with this or some deeper insight?

I tryed the supplied phones with my tour and they have the built in mic. The phone call comes in but the ringer is threw the device not threw the headphones. I then tryed a regular pair of iphone headphones and same results .Podtrapper will pause well the device rings outside of the headphones. Would be nice to have it ring in any headphones that way mowing the lawn I know its a call coming in not just wondering if the pause was the podcast person speaking or call coming in.
Verizon Tour
Podtrapper 2.5
tritan

New postby marwatk on Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:51 pm

Unfortunately it's not possible for PodTrapper to play any audio while the ringer is going off (on most phones, anyway). The ringer uses the same media player, but at a higher priority than 3rd party apps are generally allowed, so PodTrapper gets superseded. Sorry I don't have a better answer there.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby diffused on Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:39 pm

Here's my little test. I am playing an m4v which is working fine. I have my nice, bose over ear headset plugged in I get a call and it stops everything and I only hear the ring through the hand set. I have a cheapy, GE Bluetooth stereo on ear headset. All works fine in PodTrapper, phone call comes in, it rings once on the hand set then PT stops and rings loud and clear on the headset. I think it's a hit and miss as to which will work. And this is on the Tour with the OS .153.
diffused~

BOLD TOUCH 9930 O.S. 7.1.0.342
diffused

New postby D02 on Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:18 pm

I just upgraded to the new 2.5.0 OS and I am also having this 'no coverage available' when I connect my Blackberry Tour to my computer. It worked just fine before the upgrade (less than an hour ago). I currently have 'allow download over cellular' to NO. I changed this option to YES and its starts downloading again. So its not downloading thru the desktop, but only thru cellular.

I have the podtrapper desktop loaded and I'm getting this response in the podtrapper desktop.

Client successfully connected
Port closed
No longer connected
rawOnClose
Finished handling client
Last edited by D02 on Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D02

New postby marwatk on Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:26 pm

Can you send me a copy of PodTrapper's logs when you connect via USB? My guess is you'll just need to restart the computer or the BB, but the logs will tell for sure.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby D02 on Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:35 pm

you mean the entire log from the podtrapper desktop or do you mean from my phone? I will restart both my laptop and device and let you know. thanks for the quick response.
D02

New postby D02 on Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:48 pm

Never mind. It's now working! I restarted my laptop and blackberry as you suggested. Thanks.
D02

New postby marwatk on Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:18 pm

Yeah, the USB driver for the desktop manager gets hung up sometimes. I'm sure it's a bug in my code somewhere, but it's so random (seemingly) that I haven't been able to track it down.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help