Media Card issue & deleted podcast relics

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

Media Card issue & deleted podcast relics

New postby mreyeball on Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:49 am

Having a couple of issues with the latest release.
1) In the middle of playing back a podcast, playback will stop and I get an error message indicating the media card is in mass storage mode and therefore podcasts aren't accessible. I have mass storage mode disabled by default, and both times this happened my BB was not attached to a pc. Any idea what may be going on?

2) I almost never use the BB media player, but had reason to open it today and discovered a TON of audio files, old podcast files I knew I had deleted and even some from podcasts that had been deleted entirely from PT. I browsed the PT folder on the media card via pc, and found all of those files showing up, but with a file size of 0kb. It's as if PT is leaving behind placeholders for these files.
mreyeball

Re: Media Card issue & deleted podcast relics

New postby cadzilla74 on Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:44 am

I'm running OS 4.7.167 on a Storm and found this too. Deleted all remnants using FileScout but I've been having playback issues with Vodcasts stalling or failing to play after download. Strating a new thread about that.
<HTC Thunderbolt/Gingerbread and Motorola Droid 3/Gingerbread - Verizon - PodTrapper 3.0.21> - <HoneyDew 2.0.6 HTC Thunderbolt/Motorola Droid 3>
cadzilla74

Re: Media Card issue & deleted podcast relics

New postby marwatk on Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:46 pm

The mass storage thing I'm not sure I can fix. You'll notice when that happens that you can't browse files via the media player either, the BB OS completely loses track of the SD card. I haven't determined where the fault may lie, though. It could be the file system, media card, the OS, the physical connection, anything, really. Rebooting should 'fix' it, but unfortunately there's not much I can do from my end to prevent it. The setting to disable downloading while playing back may help, as it's usually caused when both reads and writes of the SD card are happening in parallel. Let me know...

I'm working on the file retention issues, right now in the storage settings there's a 'purge old files' menu item that will clean up the folder deleting all the old stuff. (It won't get rid of anything it shouldn't, so it's safe to use whenever). I'm working to make that happen automatically so it cleans up after itself.

Let me know if I can help further.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help