Fast Forward Fail v2.18

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

Fast Forward Fail v2.18

New postby cadzilla74 on Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:18 pm

I updated to v2.1.18 from 2.1.16. When I was listening to a podcast that was already on the media card an incoming e-mail message interrupted the playback. The podcast did not resume from the current position but restarted from the beginning (this had NOT occurred on a few others I listened to so I figured it was just a hiccup). So I tried to Skip ahead to where I had been to resume listening and kept getting an error saying something to the effect "new media player exception, skipping ahead is not permitted with this file". The Status bar would show the counter moving ahead by 90 seconds though. So after ignoring the alert and skipping ahead a few times to about where I wanted to start I hit Play and sure enough, the podcast started over from the beginning. Sorry I didn't capture the exact error. I will attempt to recreate the problem and use ZonaSnap on it but I was busy at work and didn't really have time to mess with it last night. Weird.
<HTC Thunderbolt/Gingerbread and Motorola Droid 3/Gingerbread - Verizon - PodTrapper 3.0.21> - <HoneyDew 2.0.6 HTC Thunderbolt/Motorola Droid 3>
cadzilla74

Re: Fast Forward Fail v2.18

New postby marwatk on Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:44 pm

This is likely not a version specific thing, it happens to the media player occasionally. There's a new menu item "Fix Playback" that will attempt to restart playback where it's supposed to be. Unfortunately there are no symptoms of this happening that are detectable from what I've seen, so I can't do it automatically. (It's a bit of a pain).

Let me know if that doesn't fix it if it ever happens again.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby cadzilla74 on Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:28 pm

I'll keep an eye on it. I tried to use the Fix Player from the Menu but it didn't seem to have any effect. There might have been something wrong with the media file as well. Hard to say.
<HTC Thunderbolt/Gingerbread and Motorola Droid 3/Gingerbread - Verizon - PodTrapper 3.0.21> - <HoneyDew 2.0.6 HTC Thunderbolt/Motorola Droid 3>
cadzilla74

New postby jayf on Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:33 am

I've experienced this behavior as well. It happens once in a while when I'm listening to an episode and it gets interrupted somehow. Either by an incoming email notify sound or even by pausing it and then listening to music or re-booting the phone. When you go back to listen to the episode it does it starts from the beginning. When you try to fast forward to where you left off you get an error message. I did not know about the new Fix Playback option I'll have to try that next time. What I usually do is start a different episode for a few seconds and then go back to the original. Then I am able to fast forward to the right place.
jayf

New postby marwatk on Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:42 pm

jayf wrote:What I usually do is start a different episode for a few seconds and then go back to the original. Then I am able to fast forward to the right place.

Hmm, if that works then the "Fix Playback" option should as well, that's essentially what it's doing behind the scenes. Definitely let me know.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help