AVRCP

Got an idea for an improvement? Post it here.
Forum rules
Use the topics below to discuss existing feature requests for PodTrapper.

Click here to add a new feature request, view the existing requested features, and vote for your favorites

AVRCP

New postby WannaBB on Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:24 am

I LOVE this program - BerryTunes is coming off my phone, and I am going now to register PodTrapper.

Two things would make it perfect for me: (1) running in the background so I can run a GPS program and listen to podcasts while I run, and (2) supporting AVRCP protocol so I can use the controls on my bluetooth stereo headset.

(of course, I have no idea how impossible this is!)

Thanks for your hard work - love it.
WannaBB

Re: AVRCP

New postby marwatk on Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:16 am

Hi WannaBB,

It should allow running in the background already? Though you may be referring to what I'm about to talk about.

For AVRCP (and pretty much any control), the downside of the blackberry platform is there's no way for a third party (non-RIM) application to receive input events when it isn't in the foreground. So podtrapper will continue to play in the background but there's no way to control it (pause, ff, rewind, volume, etc) without bringing it to the foreground. My initial testing with AVRCP indicated that with that it's not even possible to capture those events when the application has the foreground. I've got it on my todo list to talk to RIM about it, but I haven't had an opportunity yet (still have plenty of other features to add and bugs to fix). It's definitely something I want to investigate, but I have a suspicion that it's simply not possible :(

Hope this answers your question, even if it's not the answer you (or I) want to hear. Unfortunately it's out of my control until RIM adds functionality to make it happen :/

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby Guest on Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:58 pm

Just adding my vote for AVRCP. I'm a bluetooth junky, and hope for background and foreground AVRCP controls.

New postby ammonsd on Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:43 am

Until AVRCP is available for PodTrapper, assuming it is even possible, you can always run the episodes in the BB media player to take full advantage of bluetooth.
ammonsd

New postby marwatk on Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:12 pm

To make this easier I added a menu option to the playback screen for launching podtrapper files in the BB Media player.

Unfortunately it's not possible (at this point) for PodTrapper to receive notice of buttons pressed on any type of headset (bluetooth or wired). Hopefully RIM changes this sometime in the future.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby JavaDevelop on Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:03 pm

marwatk wrote:To make this easier I added a menu option to the playback screen for launching podtrapper files in the BB Media player.

Marcus,

Thanks for that feature. Though, to give your player kudos, PodTrapper works better than the BBMP. With the bookmarking capabilities of PodTrapper, there's no chance I will be using BBMP for listening to long podcasts. Though, I'd love to see Album Art in PodTrapper (and for RIM to open up Bluetooth for developers).

-Shawn
JavaDevelop

Return to Feature requests