separate OTA setting per podcast

Got an idea for an improvement? Post it here.
Forum rules
Use the topics below to discuss existing feature requests for PodTrapper.

Click here to add a new feature request, view the existing requested features, and vote for your favorites

separate OTA setting per podcast

New postby edzzik on Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:59 pm

Hey,

Given that we now know that this app can do video, it may be worth while to have a separate setting to allow OTA updates per podcast. For example, I may not want to update large video files over the air, but an hourly news audio podcast could be accetable.

What do you think?

-Ed
edzzik

Re: separate OTA setting per podcast

New postby marwatk on Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:03 pm

Hi Ed,

I'll definitely put it on the list, but it would be a fundamental change to how it works, so I may not get around to that one for a while (at least until well after the new year).

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby Guest on Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:28 pm

I was just going to ask the same thing. I have a few podcasts that I want to always download including OTA but others that aren't as important and would eat up my bandwidth OTA so I would only want to use the Desktop Dowloader for those. Great program and as a programmer myself I appreciate your openness and community approach!

New postby Schnitty on Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:04 pm

bump. i know there is an option to pay for a feature, but short of that, i'd add my name to the list of people who might use this. example - all cnet podcast. those guys push out a lot of pc's in a day, and i'd like to set them to a different number of downloads than some of the other pc's on here.
BlackBerry 8900 (AT&T) - OS 5.0.0.592
PodTrapper 2.6.9
Schnitty

New postby Neuroxic77 on Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:43 pm

You can set the # to automatically download to zero for a particular podcast. Then when your hooked up to your PC they manually choose which episodes you want to download. I do this for all of my video podasts.
Neuroxic77

New postby Schnitty on Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:36 pm

followup on this - i missed it. from the main screen, highlight the pc that you want and hit the menu button. go to "edit podcast" and you can do just about anything you'd ever want to do. note to self: this app probably does much more than you could ever want, just do a bit of searching around.
BlackBerry 8900 (AT&T) - OS 5.0.0.592
PodTrapper 2.6.9
Schnitty

New postby marwatk on Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:25 pm

There's actually a hidden 'make me a sandwich' menu item in there if you look hard enough. ;)

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby jshapiro on Sun May 03, 2009 12:59 pm

What a great piece of software. I'm on my 30-day trial, and I'm now going to register today.

I was going to post this suggestion if nobody else had. For all the same reasons as the others already mentioned, I'd love to see separate download options per podcast. For me WiFi isn't an option, and my carrier limits my bandwidth to 5 Gig per month. With that quota, I could afford to download only certain podcasts OTA.
jshapiro

New postby marwatk on Mon May 04, 2009 5:54 pm

jshapiro wrote:What a great piece of software.

Thanks!

Yeah, I'm definitely going to add it (mostly for the Verizon folks), but it's a *lot* of work that touches almost all of PodTrapper, so I have to be careful about it. I'm doing it incrementally in the background, but I'm not sure when I'll finally be done with it.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby tmg8r on Wed May 13, 2009 9:05 pm

Neuroxic77 wrote:You can set the # to automatically download to zero for a particular podcast. Then when your hooked up to your PC they manually choose which episodes you want to download. I do this for all of my video podasts.

I'd also like to have separate OTA setting per podcast, but in the meantime this is a good idea.
tmg8r

Return to Feature requests