'Download Log' suggestions

Got an idea for an improvement? Post it here.
Forum rules
Use the topics below to discuss existing feature requests for PodTrapper.

Click here to add a new feature request, view the existing requested features, and vote for your favorites

'Download Log' suggestions

New postby fbotha on Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:26 pm

I guess I'm curious of when/what was downloaded and how long it took...

Any chance you can add:

* The date/time for every line in 'Download Log'
* Network friendly name or SSID (if used) used in the download(s)
* Measurement of what speed the download was done in (or how many seconds it took, I guess this will be automatically answered in the first comment above :P)

Also, generally, could we be told on the podcast listen screen the format/bitrate/mono|stereo'ness of a file?

Thanks for a great product (:
FB
fbotha

Re: 'Download Log' suggestions

New postby marwatk on Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:08 pm

Hi FB,

The only issue there that adding a date would be adding a lot of dynamic space to the already long log files. Most of the log entries you see are actually static strings merged together to look like a dynamic log, so the memory usage is fairly small. With dates, though, it would get pretty big pretty fast since each would be a new memory reference. I could definitely do kb/sec or some other metric, but I'm not entirely sure how accurate it will be given the interruptions that PodTrapper may make from time to time.

For SSID are you talking wifi?

For displaying media meta-data, I have it in my head to look into this, there are basically two options: Integrate knowledge of media formats into PodTrapper (lots of code for little benefit), or feed the media files prematurely into the bb media player to get meta data (downside here is that I'd have to open a lot of players, which may cause issues during playback of other items).

So while I'd like to do it, it's probably going to be a while until I come up with a good solution.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Feature requests