Home Screen freeze after using Popup Menu

Home Screen freeze after using Popup Menu

New postby Goldwinger on Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:51 am

Well not sure if anyone has had this problem, a search did not reveal any, so sorry if it's out there and I didn't find it.

I'm running the 1.02 release and have setup the popup menu and I trigger it from a home screen icon. It pops up just fine and I can drill down into a submenu, but if I escape out of either menu, the home screen freezes and doesn't take input. I hold down the menu key, bring up the task running and just switch over to messages and then escape back to the home screen and anything that I tried during the freeze suddenly appears, ie, if I press QL and then press weather, then press contacts, none come up, but if I task over to messages and then escape back, then all three start to run and I have to escape out of all of them.

Hope this makes sense.

Anyone have a clue as to what might be wrong?

UPDATE: Doesn't matter if you choose an item or escape, the home screen still freezes. Jumping over to something that's running and jumping back will unfreeze it. :(
UPDATE2: Using a button doesn't lock up the home screen, only when using a home screen bookmark to launch a popup menu does it lock up the home screen. :?

Thanks,

Goldwinger
Goldwinger
Storm2 9550
Goldwinger

Re: Home Screen freeze after using Popup Menu

New postby marwatk on Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:55 am

Hi Goldwinger,

Can you try grabbing the latest beta and see if it fixes it for you?

http://ota.versatilemonkey.com/

Let me know if not.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby Goldwinger on Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:30 am

I'll grab it and let you know the results.

Sorry for the late reply, been a pretty busy close out of last month and a fast start to this one. :oops:

Going to grab the beta now.

**UPDATE**
Ok, grabbed the latest beta and at first it looked like it was going to work. I moved the shortcut to the homescreen and pushed it, the menu popped up and I then escaped out of the menu. I did this a few times and each time is did not freeze the homescreen. So I went and checked email, came back to the homescreen and tried it again, this time it froze like before. I left it alone thinking maybe it just needed some extra time, but no matter how long I let it wait, it wouldn't come back, so I pushed the BB menu key and held it so that the task switcher would come up, when it did, I picked another program, escaped out of that program and when I went back to the homescreen, all the icons I had pushed started popping up and working again. It just unstuck and started working as if it was waiting for something so that it could execute all of my pushes.

Funny I know because the double tap of the end key works fine and so does the left side convenience key. When I use them, I don't have any problems. I only have the freeze problem when I use a Home Screen Bookmark that activates the popup menu. It's not a huge deal, because when I choose something from the menu everything works fine, it's only when I don't choose something and escape out of the popup menu.

I hope this help you find the issue. Let me know if I can help with the testing. You can hit me up via email ([email protected]) or PIN 30f79184

Thanks for the support.
Goldwinger
Storm2 9550
Goldwinger

New postby marwatk on Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:56 pm

Can you copy and paste your logs in a email to me after seeing that happen? (Via the 'View Logs' menu item from the main screen, then 'Email Developer')

Don't post them here as they may have your email address in them and such.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help