SMS autocompse not working corrcetly

SMS autocompse not working corrcetly

New postby planetam on Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:35 am

While trying to use an autocomposed SMS, the body portion dose not show in the message. This DOES work correctly for PIN messages though. Any idea why this does not work for SMS? Maybe a bug?
planetam

Re: SMS autocompse not working corrcetly

New postby marwatk on Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:53 am

There are a few bugs in the production release. Can you try the beta and see if that doesn't fix it for you?

http://ota.versatilemonkey.com/versatoolbeta/

Let me know if not...

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby planetam on Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:21 pm

Thanks for your reply. I already tried the beta version but it does not solve this issue.
planetam

New postby marwatk on Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:58 pm

Sorry, I misread that. I thought you were having a problem with the auto-responses. For the compose RIM has broken support for that functionality in the new 'threaded' SMS views. It'll still work on older devices, but I'm waiting for them to re-implement it with the new ones. Sorry I don't have a better answer for you there :(

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby planetam on Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:01 pm

marwatk wrote:Sorry, I misread that. I thought you were having a problem with the auto-responses. For the compose RIM has broken support for that functionality in the new 'threaded' SMS views. It'll still work on older devices, but I'm waiting for them to re-implement it with the new ones. Sorry I don't have a better answer for you there :(

-Marcus

Thanks for your reply. What a shame RIM broke this... It works beautifully under PIN messages! What are the odds of them "unbreaking" this? By "older devices" do you mean other than OS 5 ?
thx
planetam

Return to Bugs and help