One Phone Won't Sync

One Phone Won't Sync

New postby ch112803 on Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:26 am

Honey Dew 1.0.15
2 x Blackberry 8330

The messages are syncing to my phone just fine, but my husband is not receiving messages. He has several email accounts on his phone. I've checked the firewall and application settings and set them to allow. He's still not receiving the PIN message from my phone to update. This app would be such a great tool for us to use to manage our household, I'm very eager to give the trial a run.

Christina
ch112803

Re: One Phone Won't Sync

New postby marwatk on Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:29 pm

Hi Christina,

If you send a manual PIN message to him do those go through?

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby ch112803 on Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:48 pm

Actually no. Double checked security settings and still can't figure out why. He's using the same email server I am.
ch112803

New postby marwatk on Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:37 pm

Hmm, unfortunately if PIN messages aren't going through there's no way for HoneyDew to send either.

Can anyone send him PIN messages (other BB users?)

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby ch112803 on Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:23 pm

I'll have to talk to him and see. He gets messages on BB Messenger. The only thing I have found different in our phones is that I do not have a message service? I can't seem to find one when I look at my email settings. I guess I just need to play and try a few different things out.
ch112803

New postby marwatk on Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:50 pm

You'll definitely need a message service on both phones (be able to receive emails on them) for HoneyDew to work. It's the only way it can pick up the PIN messages (an annoying OS limitation). You may try setting up an email just to eliminate that as a cause.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby ch112803 on Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:41 pm

Fixed the problems with getting the messages going back and forth between the phones, but now my HD app won't sync. I get the red message in my inbox but there are no updates to my lists.
ch112803

New postby marwatk on Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:39 pm

Can you install the beta (http://ota.versatilemonkey.com/honeydewbeta/) and see if there are any messages that pop up the first time you start it? (Read the details if there are and post them, they'll help find out where the issue is).

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby ch112803 on Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:44 pm

It's working just fine now. I got a message that there was one new something or other like I was getting on my husband's phone. I added an item and sent it to him and it work. I'm so excited as we typically can't talk to each other all day but have two young ones. This is going to be a great tool!!!
ch112803

New postby LWP on Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:52 pm

I am having the same problem. My husband and I both have storms. After much messing around, mine will finally now sync to his, but his will not sync to mine. (He gets my updates.) I have installed the beta version you mention above. I am so frustrated and this point---really wanting to use this great tool. Is there anything else you can suggest?

TIA...

Lisa
LWP

New postby LWP on Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:44 am

Nevermind...I retraced my steps again and found an error in the setup process. Working great now! Thanks!
LWP

New postby marwatk on Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:23 pm

Ok, let me know if you run into any issues in the future.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help