Initial List / View

Initial List / View

New postby Klotar on Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:50 am

Is there an option that I don't see, to set the Initial Startup view?

That is, when starting HoneyDew, it starts in Entry Mode, ready for one to add a new item.

I completely understand that Entry Mode is probably a preference of the majority, but I'd like to see a choice if possible, between that and a collapsed Category view. By that I mean, when starting the app, I would see Grocery List and To-Do List, and then clicking on one would expand that Category. From there, one might proceed to enter new items with the Category of that item defaulting to the current category.

Entering new items while in Category view could prompt for the category as it does now, but when entering new items while within a list, it could default the category.

I do understand that this app is designed to be simple though, so this is just a idea/wish; HoneyDew is perfectly useable as is.
Klotar

Re: Initial List / View

New postby marwatk on Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:05 pm

This one is on my todo list, but falls under the 'do I really want to add another option?' category. It would basically save a single click upon going in to HoneyDew, and even then only if you were viewing, whereas getting to the add screen from the view screen is always a menu open, navigate, etc.

Still on the fence about it...

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help