New PodTrapper Beta (2.6.0)

New Apps, versions, features, etc

New PodTrapper Beta (2.6.0)

New postby marwatk on Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:12 pm

Hi guys,

Just pushed another podtrapper beta (2.6.0). This version adds full support for media keys (wired and bluetooth) for those running OS 5.0 or later. The other bigish feature is customizable home screen shortcuts to media folders on the sd card (or wherever). You can highlight any folder in the 'File Playback' mode (which is now labeled 'Browse for Files...') and create a link to it on the home screen with 'Add to Home Screen'. Then it'll show up like a podcast in that list.

Grab it here

Here's the complete list of features:
* Can now bookmark any folder to the main screen via the 'Add to Home Screen' menu item
* Support for all media controls (wired and Bluetooth) on OS 5.0
* Don't force an update when connecting to desktop downloader if updates are allowed over cellular
* Overriding download settings should also override 'download while charging'
* Make delete episode/podcast button default to 'cancel'
* If we get two 'playing' updates that are passed the duration, update duration to be 20% longer than current location.
* Ready w/Eps doesn't always see new eps when they're finished downloading
* If we're doing a restartable playback, don't display error until second try

This version will likely be the next release version, so let me know if you run into any issues with it.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Re: New PodTrapper Beta (2.6.0)

New postby cadzilla74 on Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:01 pm

Looks like another winner update. Nice to see the Bluetooth controls. The File Playback folder option goes a long way toward making this a great Audio-Book player as well. Thank you.
<HTC Thunderbolt/Gingerbread and Motorola Droid 3/Gingerbread - Verizon - PodTrapper 3.0.21> - <HoneyDew 2.0.6 HTC Thunderbolt/Motorola Droid 3>
cadzilla74

New postby Neuroxic77 on Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:52 am

The right conveince key for play/pause dosent work when PT is in the background.
Neuroxic77

New postby jayf on Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:41 pm

Woo Hoo! Christmas is early this year!
Thanks Marcus!
- J
jayf

New postby cadzilla74 on Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:13 pm

Bluetooth controls working. Was able to download several podcasts while watching vodcasts (this used to cause issues between the BB OS and th SD card) and it never missed a beat. I think the buffering solution is working, Marcus. At least for me. Thanks for all your hard work. Have a merry Christmas and a safe, prosperous New Year everyone.
<HTC Thunderbolt/Gingerbread and Motorola Droid 3/Gingerbread - Verizon - PodTrapper 3.0.21> - <HoneyDew 2.0.6 HTC Thunderbolt/Motorola Droid 3>
cadzilla74

New postby marwatk on Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:19 pm

Neuroxic77 wrote:The right conveince key for play/pause dosent work when PT is in the background.

Hmm, I just tried this on mine as well and it's not working. They deprecated this API in 5.0, so I'm wondering what may be going on. Is anyone that's not on 5.0 seeing the same thing?

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby diffused on Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:47 pm

With 2.6.0 downloaded, it seems to work on my Tour. The right key is set for the camera, it will pause then the camera thing, then close camera and it immediately starts to play again. Would you like me to do more experimenting?
diffused~

BOLD TOUCH 9930 O.S. 7.1.0.342
diffused

New postby ammonsd on Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:48 am

I can't believe you got the Bluetooth controls to work! Nice job. BTW, Podtrapper played a huge role in my decision to upgrade my Storm to Storm2 when Verizon gave me the upgrade option to either the Storm2 or the Droid. The thought of reverting back to transferring Podcast from my desktop to my phone was not at all appealing.
ammonsd

New postby gahoo on Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:24 pm

mute/unmute button (top right) on storm1 seems to not work anymore.
gahoo

New postby FreydNot on Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:30 pm

Neuroxic77 wrote:The right conveince key for play/pause dosent work when PT is in the background.

8900 on T-Mobile app 5.0.0.411 platform 5.2.0.31...

When PT is in the background, the left and right convenience keys don't trigger PT functions at all. The mute key does pause and unpause the current podcast, but I think this is an accident.

PT does no get brought to the foreground when the podcast starts playing (even though I have Play/Pause Icon Switches to PT set to Yes). It seems to me that the left, right and mute keys are not accessible to PT when it is in the background. It also seems that the BB is issuing the play/pause to PT on the sly (explaining why PT does not come to the foreground).
FreydNot

New postby marwatk on Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:25 pm

gahoo wrote:mute/unmute button (top right) on storm1 seems to not work anymore.

Hi gahoo, what OS are you running on your storm?

FreydNot wrote:When PT is in the background, the left and right convenience keys don't trigger PT functions at all. The mute key does pause and unpause the current podcast, but I think this is an accident.

I'm still figuring it out (none of this stuff is documented well), but I think enabling media key support (bluetooth controls and such) prevents me from getting the normal keypresses when PT is in the bg. Stay tuned, I'm working on it. For what it's worth, if you grab the version for 4.7 OS or earlier it doesn't have the media controls code so it should work like it used to (and you won't see any other differences).

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby gahoo on Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:34 pm

marwatk wrote:
gahoo wrote:mute/unmute button (top right) on storm1 seems to not work anymore.

Hi gahoo, what OS are you running on your storm?

-Marcus

It's the same issue as reported here. When PT is in foreground, mute/unmute button momentarily mutes and then instantly unmutes. When in background it seems to work ok.
gahoo

New postby marwatk on Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:59 pm

Ok, sounds like in the FG I'm getting both the keypress and the media key press, so it's doing them both in succession. I'll have to figure out how to handle that. Thanks for letting me know.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby mps9595 on Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:05 am

I am having one issue that has been present for a few releases now.

I have a Storm 2 and intermittently when starting playback the output goes to the speaker rather than the stereo bluetooth I have set up. I always start bluetooth service and connect to my headset before launching PT. Not sure why it works most of the time but fails other times.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you for your hard work on the GREAT application and congratulations on the CrackBerry win. It is well deserved.
mps9595

New postby marwatk on Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:29 pm

Hi mps,

mps9595 wrote:I have a Storm 2 and intermittently when starting playback the output goes to the speaker rather than the stereo bluetooth I have set up. I always start bluetooth service and connect to my headset before launching PT. Not sure why it works most of the time but fails other times.

This one is usually oddities in the OS (actually in the qualcomm chipset firmware, but same difference really). If you go back in and 'Select Output' again does it end up routing properly? If so, PodTrapper has a 'Continously set output method' setting in the playback settings that may help. Start with 'When necessary' and if that doesn't work (since sometimes the os doesn't properly report it) try 'Continously'. Let me know how it goes...

mps9595 wrote:Thank you for your hard work on the GREAT application and congratulations on the CrackBerry win. It is well deserved.

Thanks!

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby Larry on Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:49 pm

Mute key does not pause PT playback on my Storm 2, latest OS, as well.

Plus, the web address http://ota.versatilemonkey.com/ continuously shows up n the Download Queue and PT keeps trying to downlaod. In the Download Log, this is shown:

147392: Attempting at Fri Jan 08 13:26:21 America/New_York 2010
147392: Not attempting due to: Downloading disabled in settings (I disabled the downloading because it was annoying).
147392: Control returned to queue
147392: Paused: Downloading disabled in settings
147392: Closing download attempt: Attempt finished

over and over again.

When I enable Downloading, PT continuously tries to contact the website and download, with the website moving up and down from "Current Queue" to "Current Download".

Is there any way to permanently remove the website address from the Download Queue?

Even when I hit "Cancel Download" from the menu screen so as to delete the website from the Download Queue, it reappears every time I start up PT.

(Marcus - I'm the Larry who has been emailing with you about the conflict between PT and BBMP. I thought I'd move to the Forum in case others have the same issues. Even with the issues, I'm just about to buy the full version because the program has enough added good features that it is a good addition to any Storm 2. By the way, Beta 2.6 seems to work better, but I also set the Storm's "Turn off Media Player when Idle" to "never" rather than to a certain time. Maybe this helped.)
Larry

New postby marwatk on Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:09 pm

The ota.versatilemonkey.com thing is the update check and recommendations engine thingy. It should fall out of hte queue if it fails too many times, but it'll get put back in every now and then to check for updates. If you shoot me a copy of your logs with downloading enabled I can check and see why it's failing.

Still trying to figure out the intricacies of dealing with the mute key when it's also a media key, I'll definitely have that fixed in the next release (probably next weekend).

Let me know if you see any other issues.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby Larry on Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:52 pm

Actually, the mute key is working fine now when PT is in the foreground. I'm not even sure anymore if it's not working when PT is in the background, as it has been working fine everytime now for the past 36 hours. I wonder what happened?

I have no podcasts in my queue. Would that be a reason why your website remains in the queue? Wait, let me try something right now. I just subscribed to a podcast and this seems to have taken care of the issue. The website is no longer there. No more website moving between "Current Download" and "current Queue". Yay! I'll let you know if anything changes.

We might be there!
Larry

New postby Larry on Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:39 pm

Oops. I was wrong about the mute key. When PT is in the full foreground, meaning when the PT screen is showing and a cast is playing, the mute key does not work.
Larry

New postby mps9595 on Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:13 am

marwatk wrote:Hi mps,

mps9595 wrote:I have a Storm 2 and intermittently when starting playback the output goes to the speaker rather than the stereo bluetooth I have set up. I always start bluetooth service and connect to my headset before launching PT. Not sure why it works most of the time but fails other times.

This one is usually oddities in the OS (actually in the qualcomm chipset firmware, but same difference really). If you go back in and 'Select Output' again does it end up routing properly? If so, PodTrapper has a 'Continously set output method' setting in the playback settings that may help. Start with 'When necessary' and if that doesn't work (since sometimes the os doesn't properly report it) try 'Continously'. Let me know how it goes...

mps9595 wrote:Thank you for your hard work on the GREAT application and congratulations on the CrackBerry win. It is well deserved.

Thanks!

-Marcus

Thanks for the info! I changed the setting to as needed and so far so good. No issues for several days.
mps9595

Return to Announcements