New PodTrapper Beta (2.5.6)

New Apps, versions, features, etc

New PodTrapper Beta (2.5.6)

New postby marwatk on Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:09 pm

Yet another beta, this should finally clean up the last of the buffering issues (unit tests are fun). Plus it adds support for relative redirects when downloading podcasts.

Grab it here

Thanks for all the help you guys have given in testing this stuff out, I don't have access to any CDMA phones, which seem to be where all of the problems are.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Re: New PodTrapper Beta (2.5.6)

New postby cadzilla74 on Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:54 pm

Installing 2.5.6 now. Will be using it a bit tonight if things finally quiet down at work.
<HTC Thunderbolt/Gingerbread and Motorola Droid 3/Gingerbread - Verizon - PodTrapper 3.0.21> - <HoneyDew 2.0.6 HTC Thunderbolt/Motorola Droid 3>
cadzilla74

New postby cadzilla74 on Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:12 pm

You are definitely closing in on the Gold Code at least as far as the 9530 Storm 1 with OS 5.0.328 on Verizon is concerned. Not a hiccup or a glitch to be found so far. This weekend I'll make a point of trying to download some podcasts while watching/listening at the same time and see if I run into any SD card errors. Other than that. No issues to report with PT 2.5.6.
<HTC Thunderbolt/Gingerbread and Motorola Droid 3/Gingerbread - Verizon - PodTrapper 3.0.21> - <HoneyDew 2.0.6 HTC Thunderbolt/Motorola Droid 3>
cadzilla74

New postby Neuroxic77 on Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:07 pm

I can't get PT to play my podcasts. When I push the play button nothing happens. If I try to play in BBMP I get an error something about invalid file. when I try to delete the file that is playing then nothing happens and I have to cancel out of the delete screen. When I use the menu button to stop (while it isn't playing) it locks up. I had to downgrade back to 2.5.0

I am using the Storm 1 .328
Neuroxic77

New postby cadzilla74 on Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:01 am

Neuroxic77 wrote:I can't get PT to play my podcasts. When I push the play button nothing happens. If I try to play in BBMP I get an error something about invalid file. when I try to delete the file that is playing then nothing happens and I have to cancel out of the delete screen. When I use the menu button to stop (while it isn't playing) it locks up. I had to downgrade back to 2.5.0

I am using the Storm 1 .328

I've occasionally had incidents like that not restricted to this version of PT. Any time BBMP says a file is invalid, well now both BBMP and PT's media players are choking on the file. Normally indicates a corrupt download. Especially since it won't let you remove it from within the application.

Make note of the bad file's name and then exit PT (and BBMP if open). From Home screen open Applications>Files>File Folders>Media Card>BlackBerry>PodTrapper and find the offending file. You can delete it from here and it should go away since no app has it open. If that won't delete it I'd recommend downloading and installing free program FileScout which is like BB Files on steroids. Sadly, Filescout can no longer manipulate System files since OS5 but it is still a useful app.

Hope this helps.
cadzilla74

New postby Neuroxic77 on Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:53 pm

Still no luck. I did get some podcasts to play but not all of them.
Neuroxic77

New postby marwatk on Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:46 pm

Ok, I rolled out 2.5.7 that allows you to switch between the old and new playback mechanisms (buffered playback in Playback Settings). So we should have the best of both now.

Let me know how it goes.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Announcements