New PodTrapper Beta Discussion (3.0.9-3.0.12)

New Apps, versions, features, etc

Re: New PodTrapper Beta Discussion (3.0.9-3.0.12)

New postby muselav on Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:36 am

y2kdread wrote:
FreydNot wrote:I found the jumping back to be annoying enough that I turned the feature off all together. I'm not a big fan of pausing for notification noises anyway. Mine are short enough that I don't really miss anything. Sounds like another thing to have a user option on.

I agree. I often times will text with my wife during work through google voice and that causes a lot of notifications on my phone. I don't really like having my podcast jump back every time I get a message. I have ended up putting my phone on vibrate to avoid this. I do like the rewind after a pause, just not after every email/text.

Rewinding is one of the options , I like about podtrapper. It gets me back in to the context of my podcast after my phone call or a notification :)
I can see it may be annoying if you have frequent audible notification and hence I try to custimize notification using profiles. Yes you guessed it I have a podtrapper profile :D
muselav

New postby marwatk on Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:13 pm

Ok, for the next release (.15, probably) I'll put in an option to 'Yield to Notifications'. Does that description make sense?

I just pushed .14, with the only major bug being for BB (video issues). I also put some logging in there for the playlist issue. If you guys notice your playlists going away with that one can you shoot me a copy of your logs?

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby FreydNot on Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:55 pm

.15 fixed the problem I was having where items were disappearing from my playlist after the SD card was briefly mounted to the PC.

I have another issue I just discovered. Normally I use a BlackBerry Remote Stereo Bluetooth Gateway to pipe audio from my Android phone into the aux port of my car stereo. Connected this way, when I get an email notification sound PT pauses, I hear the notification sound and then PT resumed from where it left off.

Lately I have been plugging the aux cable directly into the headphone jack on the phone. While still using .13 I noticed that when a notification happens PT is muted, but it doesn't appear to pause itself. So PT mutes, I hear the notification sound, PT unmutes but I missed about 2 seconds of audio.

In all cases I have rewind after pause turned off.

Is anyone else seeing this? I am running a custom firmware on my Samsung Vibrant (Trigger - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=921453) so this could be unique to me.
FreydNot

New postby marwatk on Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:44 pm

Can you send me a copy of the logs after seeing that? I'm curious to see if the audio focus events are occurring at all.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby FreydNot on Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:59 pm

Done. I wonder if I am seeing side effects of the audio jumping in time when I pause and play again. It has gotten better (maybe due to a newer custom rom on the Vibrant?) but it is not 100% corrected.

Is there an option to turn off the pause on notifications feature? I'm not a huge fan of it. My preference would be a slight lowering of the volume instead of pausing and playing again. I've seen other apps do this.
FreydNot

New postby Micro on Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:42 am

Markus,

Just tried the beta and I like most of the changes you made. My fav is the buttons at the top. Very convenient.

1) Please put me on the font is too small list. I can't read the times in the progress bar.

2) The exit causing a restart bug is still present on my Droidx.

Thanks,
Mike.
Micro

Re: Aocate Variable Speed Playback library

New postby SHKaminski on Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:17 pm

Marcus,

I registered at the Aocate forum a while ago. When I click on this link
http://forum.aocate.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=66
I get this message:
"You are not authorised to read this forum."

I think somewhere you said that we could download the library by sending a PM to the Aocate admin. But PM is turned off for me and I couldn't find another way to contact the admin.

Am I doing something wrong?
SHKaminski

New postby jayf on Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:25 pm

Try starting from the forum index...
http://forum.aocate.com

On another note.. this may be a new issue although I can't say I've looked for it before. It seems that PodTrapper is constantly updating all of my podcasts. Every time I look at it the Download tab is filled and it is running through all of them. I went back to 3.1.15 but it is still happening. Should I clear data and start over? Would I have to manually add all my podcasts again?

Thanks
- J
jayf

New postby SHKaminski on Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:22 pm

jayf wrote:Try starting from the forum index...
http://forum.aocate.com

I did try that. There are very few posts in the forums and none have any links to downloads. Most of them say the developer has ceased active development.

OSPlay is available on the market:
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.aocate.osplaytrial
But I don't know if this is the same product.
SHKaminski

New postby marwatk on Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:24 pm

Ok, lot's of stuff to address :) Here goes... (some of these I missed before)

• More tasker tasks: Can do, put on list
  • Tasker state: Harder, possible, but probably won't make the next production release
  • Gestures: Definitely want to do these, but I really want to do it right, so probably won't make the next prod release
  • FreydNot's notification issues: We've been talking via email, but wanted to post here so others know what's going on. For your phone it appears that the mixer is simply not letting two things play at once, so even though I'm specifically not pausing/muting/taking action when a notification happens, something below me is taking over and creating the behavior you're seeing.
  • The exit causing a restart bug is still present on my Droidx: I'm working to remove the 'Exit' button altogether on android. I've been using the BB lifecycle for too long (and actually got a totally justified negativish review because of it), I really need to refactor that to honor the android lifecycle. It's my new urgent project.
  • Re Aocate forums: No idea what it takes there so I've published the latest version here (he gave me the go-ahead). Note that he changed some stuff and broke the PT integration I had put in place, so my insulation wasn't good enough. Should be fixed by the end of the weekend. OSPlay is *not* the same product and will not provide the same access. I don't have any control over how he's going to price/publish that. (Though I'm working on my own version, but I doubt I'll have it done before I go on paternity leave)

I think I got them all, but if I missed an issue, let me know :)

-Marcus
Attachments
Presto-0.8.2.apk
(522.73 KiB) Downloaded 1645 times
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby jayf on Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:00 pm

Thanks marcus. You're prolly already working on this but I would like to see podtrapper start with the system on android. If there is no way to manually exit perhaps some other regular event could trigger a backup?

Also I'm not sure what that apk file is for in your post. Is that something we can install to enable variable speed playback?

- J

Ps I wasn't able to reply to this topic in tapatalk for some reason
jayf

New postby FreydNot on Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:17 am

I'll miss having the exit feature in PT, but I know it goes against the Android way of things. I like to use it to ensure a clean exit before doing something stupid that might crash the phone. That way I know I have a current backup file written in case everything goes to hell and I have to do a full restore. I know I can do a terminate, but that won't really achieve writing the safety backup file.

Of course the Android way says that your program should be ready to be terminated at any time, so I'm guessing Marcus will be changing how/when the backup file is written so that it is always current.
FreydNot

New postby jayf on Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:49 pm

Another thing I just realized I use Exit for. I usually leave my USB connection manager in Mass Storage mode. If I am in the middle of an episode when I hook up the cable PodTrapper gives me an error because the sdcard has been un-mounted and it removes the episode from the playlist. If I exit podtrapper before connecting the USB cable and then re-start afterwards all is fine.
jayf

New postby phoneboy on Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:38 am

marwatk wrote:
  • Re Aocate forums: No idea what it takes there so I've published the latest version here (he gave me the go-ahead). Note that he changed some stuff and broke the PT integration I had put in place, so my insulation wasn't good enough. Should be fixed by the end of the weekend. OSPlay is *not* the same product and will not provide the same access. I don't have any control over how he's going to price/publish that. (Though I'm working on my own version, but I doubt I'll have it done before I go on paternity leave)

Does this problem manifest itself in not being able to play podcasts at a higher speed? When I try and do that and I have the library installed, I get an error:

"Error playing this episode (0x2): (0)java.lang.RuntimeException/Can't create handler inside thread that has not called Looper.prepare()"

Hopefully you will sort it out soon :)
phoneboy

New postby FreydNot on Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:24 am

I've switched from using the headphone jack to using a blue-tooth receiver. My problem with PT muting when a system sound is played has now gone away. It must be a problem with my particular OS/Firmware (Samsung Vibrant running Trigger v2.8).
FreydNot

New postby marwatk on Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:04 pm

Closing out this thread to start a new one for 3.0.19, it's getting pretty unwieldy.
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Previous

Return to Announcements