New PodTrapper Beta (3.0.6)

New Apps, versions, features, etc

New PodTrapper Beta (3.0.6)

New postby marwatk on Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:42 pm

Hi guys,

I just pushed another beta.

Note to android users: I haven't figured out how to make the market allow you to have a beta when it hasn't been pushed to the market, so don't try betas unless you have a 12 digit registration code from this site.

This is only a beta and not a real release because I made the xml parsing more strict to be more in line with itunes, it'll now not show 'episodes' that don't have media. (Blog posts, etc). I wanted to make sure it works properly before I pushed it. So let me know if you see any oddities in your feeds. If all goes to plan I'll push it to the app market next week.

Next on my todo list are adding gesture support for android (draw a 'D' to go to the download screen, etc), bottom navigation buttons on touch screens, and a new Android widget (more controls). These probably won't be for a couple of weeks, though. Trying to get an RSS reader done (Viigo doesn't work on OS 6 and it's amazing how much the other ones suck), and a cross platform HoneyDew.

As always, let me know if you run into any issues.

-Marcus

Here's the changelog:
* BB: Fixed oddities restoring from backup (missing registration, etc)
* Fixed cancelling a download not always actually cancelling a download permanently
* BB: Fixed video on OS6
* Fixed download queue not properly prioritizing downloads allowed when not charging
* BB: Fixed broken network diagnostic
* Couldn't duplicate: Tag screen doesn't work on Torch
* Added 'Download while charging' and 'Tags' to the podcast 'Apply to many' screen
* Setting to configure auto-stop time
* Default auto-stop is now 30 minutes (up from 5)
* Setting to enable/disable auto-resume (after phone calls)
* More strict XML parsing to avoid invalid episodes
* Fixed 'Play Next with Delete' key setting
* Android: Support new media key priority stuff in Froyo (http://android-developers.blogspot.com/ ... nicer.html)
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Re: New PodTrapper Beta (3.0.6)

New postby San Juan on Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:11 pm

How about a slash or swipe to get to the Now Playing page.
Also, how about swiping to the right to back out of the now playing page and again to the next, etc.
San Juan

New postby SHKaminski on Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:02 pm

Marcus,

Just a reminder (you may already have this on your list):
A while ago you told you you'd create an option to have PT move to the "Now Playing" screen any time it's opened, just as it does now when you select the widget or the notification area.

My reason for asking about this was/is being able to move directly to the Now Playing screen from the Car Dock app.

Thanks.

Steve Kaminski
SHKaminski

New postby wpwoodjr on Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:07 pm

I'm really dying for a fast playback mode! I use OSPlay now but really want to see integration with PodTrapper - it would make it by far the best player for Android. Another advantage of OSPlay is that the skip forward/back X seconds commands are much more reliable on my Droid X. On PT, often I will try and skip back 30 secs and it won't go back at all, or only a few seconds; then the next time it will go back too far.

Marcus you said you might add fast playback in V3 - do you still plan to? Make it a pro version and charge more - I'd pay in an instant!
wpwoodjr

New postby Vmax8 on Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:59 pm

Marcus, would love if you do a RSS Reader. BerryReader from Bellshare is not bad, but I'm sure you can do better. Love your PodTrapper and after email it's my most used program on my BB (now a Torch). Please make your RSS reader to synchronize with GoogleReader and I will be one of the first to purchase it. :)
Vmax8

New postby inspirado on Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:01 am

Noticed another bug with preserved in Android (froyo, Moto Droid).

I have a playlist that was set to download new episodes only manually. When I select them to download they are automatically toggled preserved.

Thanks
Dave
inspirado

New postby marwatk on Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:34 pm

San Juan wrote:How about a slash or swipe to get to the Now Playing page.
Also, how about swiping to the right to back out of the now playing page and again to the next, etc.

Basically you'll be able to draw the letters for the shortcut keys (D for downloads, N for playlist, various ways to draw each letter, etc). I'm toying with having a gesture builder so you can build your own as well, but not sure if that'll make it in there.

SHKaminski wrote:A while ago you told you you'd create an option to have PT move to the "Now Playing" screen any time it's opened, just as it does now when you select the widget or the notification area.

Crap, I thought that was on my list, but I must have accidentally overwritten it or something. This'll make the next one. Sorry :(

wpwoodjr wrote:I'm really dying for a fast playback mode! I use OSPlay now but really want to see integration with PodTrapper - it would make it by far the best player for Android. Another advantage of OSPlay is that the skip forward/back X seconds commands are much more reliable on my Droid X. On PT, often I will try and skip back 30 secs and it won't go back at all, or only a few seconds; then the next time it will go back too far.

This is definitely something I'm working on, but it's a crazy amount of work (months, probably). What I may do as a stop-gap is to see if the OSPlay guys will put an API in their app so that PT could use it as an external media player while still tracking the listened status.

Vmax8 wrote:Marcus, would love if you do a RSS Reader. BerryReader from Bellshare is not bad, but I'm sure you can do better. Love your PodTrapper and after email it's my most used program on my BB (now a Torch). Please make your RSS reader to synchronize with GoogleReader and I will be one of the first to purchase it.

I'm almost done, actually. It'll be part of VersaTool. I had to drop everything and work on this when Viigo broke on OS 6 on my 9700. Heh. It'll be very basic, though. What kind of syncing are you looking for?

inspirado wrote:I have a playlist that was set to download new episodes only manually. When I select them to download they are automatically toggled preserved.

Hmm, this will happen if there are more episodes marked for download than the 'number to keep' setting. Though that doesnt' really make sense when it's set to 0 to auto download, now that I think about it. Will get that fixed.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Announcements