Another beta just pushed:

http://ota.versatilemonkey.com/beta/

* BB: Fixed 'non responsive' error when deleting many episodes
* BB: Fixed startup issues on 4.5 and others
* BB: Fixed ugly car mode buttons
* Android: Fixed issue emailing anything but logs
* Android: Fixed messages regarding settings changes not appearing
* Fixed: PodTrapper wasn't honoring max to read from feed
* Fixed: View w/Ready Eps doesn't always update right away when ready eps status changes
* Fixed: B/T shortcuts weren't working on lists
* BB: Made enter act like trackball on list screen
* Added .mpg2 as a video file extension
* Fixed issue resetting and restoring from backup (where it would never say it was done, even though it was)
* Made file pruner more informative

Let me know if I didn't fix your issue, at this point I think most bugs are solved, so correct me if otherwise.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Re: New PodTrapper Betas (2.9.12)

New postby rlegan on Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:54 pm

HI,

Unfortunately I still have a startup problem with my Curve BB 4.5.175 with 2.9.12.

The message is:
Uncaught Exception: java.lang.NullPointer Exception

Is there a log somewhere that I could send you?

Randy
rlegan

New postby marwatk on Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:52 pm

Sorry, my build script all sorts of messed up I guess, and even broke the bb upload. Grab it now and see if it works (2.9.12). Let me know if not.

-marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby MrFun on Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:52 pm

I set PT to download audio and video only, a lot of times long after PT finished updating I see that it has lined up all the "other" podcasts and will try to download again and again, BTW this issue always existed and its still there on 2.9.12

BB
Blackberry :( Tour 9630 5.0.0.624
MrFun

New postby rlegan on Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:16 pm

BB OS 4.3 + build is now solid! Thanks Marcus.
rlegan

New postby BrewerBC on Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:57 pm

Hay Marcus
I am running android 1.5 on the Motorola Cliq XT.
The issue I am having is with the order the episodes of certin podcasts are displayed. For some reason all but about 20 of them will be in the right order.
Let me know if you need more info. Thanks
Brandon
BrewerBC

New postby marwatk on Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:52 pm

Hi guys,

MrFun wrote:I set PT to download audio and video only, a lot of times long after PT finished updating I see that it has lined up all the "other" podcasts and will try to download again and again, BTW this issue always existed and its still there on 2.9.12

Can you post the podcast URL for the podcast you're seeing that on? I'll check it out.

BrewerBC wrote:The issue I am having is with the order the episodes of certin podcasts are displayed. For some reason all but about 20 of them will be in the right order.
Let me know if you need more info.

Hmm, how many episodes are there? When updating do you get a message about going over the limit? (On 2.9.12) Can you try 'Update and sort' and see if that puts them in the right order? Let me know...

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby MrFun on Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:09 am

marwatk wrote:Hi guys,

MrFun wrote:I set PT to download audio and video only, a lot of times long after PT finished updating I see that it has lined up all the "other" podcasts and will try to download again and again, BTW this issue always existed and its still there on 2.9.12

Can you post the podcast URL for the podcast you're seeing that on? I'll check it out.

-Marcus
MrFun

New postby MrFun on Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:13 am

marwatk wrote:Hi guys,

-Marcus

Here is the URL http://feeds.wnyc.org/wnyc_lopate I have seen this happen on other podcasts too like the adam carolla show, if you need my log I will be happy to send it to you.

Also there is a bit of a lag on this new build that was never there before.

BB 5.0.732
MrFun

New postby MrFun on Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:20 am

BB

A little more explanation, today in the morning after updating, the queue was empty a half hour latter the "other" stuff was queue up and I saw PT cycle through them, then it finished (not D/L anything) and displayed "empty", after a hour there it was again cycling through them, it looks to me like opening PT is initiated it, I also noticed that when hitting the D shortcut when there was noting downloading PT will display in split second all the other podcasts and then it will show "empty".
MrFun

New postby Cilraaz on Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:51 am

The BlackBerry permissions problem is fixed for me now. It asks for a permissions update and pushes the main screen forward afterward. Thanks!
Device: Samsung Droid Charge
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Android Version: Gingerbread 2.3.6
Baseband Version: EP4
Modifications: IMoseyON's EP4 Kernel v4.0.0, Humble ROM v5.0 RC2
Cilraaz

New postby marwatk on Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:34 pm

MrFun wrote:A little more explanation, today in the morning after updating, the queue was empty a half hour latter the "other" stuff was queue up and I saw PT cycle through them, then it finished (not D/L anything) and displayed "empty", after a hour there it was again cycling through them, it looks to me like opening PT is initiated it, I also noticed that when hitting the D shortcut when there was noting downloading PT will display in split second all the other podcasts and then it will show "empty".

Ok, I think I know what's going on here, but can you shoot me a copy of your logs so I can make sure?

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby norm807 on Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:09 pm

Things seem to be working pretty well for me, but I do have one question. My version says it is going to expire in 1 day. is there a way to stop this since it is still in beta? I have my reg from my blackberry version from before I switched to Android.

Thanks
Norm
norm807

New postby marwatk on Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:10 pm

Hi Norm,

Your BB code should work on the android version, let me know if not.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby goliatham on Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:24 am

I'm still having issues with BT controls on my Moto Droid w/2.2
It's controlling the stock music app instead of Podtrapper.

I saw you posted 2.9.13 I haven't tried it yet, but figure you would have had that in the update list if you addressed it.
goliatham

New postby marwatk on Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:51 am

goliatham wrote:I'm still having issues with BT controls on my Moto Droid w/2.2

Hmm, I had noticed that and tested it, but couldn't duplicate it on my droid running froyo. Was hoping it was just a fluke, but if you're still seeing it there may be an issue. It's worth pointing out, though, that BT controls will only control PT if there's already something to control (i.e something is paused or playing already). Could that be what you're seeing? Can you try playing something in PT first, then seeing if your BT controls work?

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby goliatham on Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:52 pm

I always make sure that something is already playing before i try to use the bluetooth controls
goliatham

Return to Announcements