New PodTrapper Betas (2.9.11)

New Apps, versions, features, etc

New PodTrapper Betas (2.9.11)

New postby marwatk on Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:03 pm

Grab them here: http://ota.versatilemonkey.com/beta/

Ok, I made a huge mistake and forgot to implement a portion of code for the BB that was likely totally clobbering any BB users' episode lists from 2.9.0 through 2.9.10. I only discovered it after having to reboot my phone a lot for final testing. Basically the counter of episodes was reset every time PodTrapper was restarted, making episodes overwrite each other. I tried to come up with a retroactive fix for it, but in the end I couldn't (since info about the overwritten episodes was lost). The result is that if you're experiencing it and it's a problem for you you'll need upgrade to 2.9.11 and then restore from your latest 2.6.X build, which will reset your PT to the state it was in before switching to 2.9 (maybe 2 weeks worth of loss for the people who jumped on the earliest?). If it's not bothering you simply delete the episodes that aren't showing up in the right place and it'll start working normally as of 2.9.11. Sorry about that :( (Note that this does not affect android users)

Otherwise, here's what's changed:

* Another attempt at fixing BB permissions issue
* BB: Fixed: I can no longer add spaces in the names of podcasts in "Podcast Settings".
* Make control keys (seek, pause, etc) work when watching video
* Fixed: Pressing the A key doesn't add the podcast to the playlist
* BB: Fixed crash when dealing with certain videos
* Android: Another attempt at fixing video on all devices
* Fixed download screen context items (cancel, move to top, etc) not appearing
* Fixed downloads not honoring 'only download while charging'
* Android: Fixed resumed downloads getting truncated instead of appended
* Fixed parsing atom feeds that I broke in 2.6.9
* Fixed: (?) Space indication and download method icon not always updating
* BB: Fix the global menu item showing up multiple times when playback is interrupted
* Make switch site explain the 8 vs 12 digit codes if they try to switch with a 12 digit one
* Android: Detect and pause for other notifications (not sure this is optimal yet)
* Android: Upon selecting "View Deleted" files within a specific podcast, you can no longer choose NOT to see the deleted files. In other words, there is no option for "Hide Deleted" files.
* Final runthrough to capture any memory leaks (there were some large ones)
* Add a 'reset thumbnails' menu item in storage settings
* When subscribing delete thumbnail if it exists
* BB: Fixed huge bug with episodes clobbering others after each restart (whoops)

I wasn't quite done with where I wanted to be, but the BB bug forced me to stop early. Expect another later this weekend.

And, as always, let me know if you run into any issues or any of the above broke stuff for you.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Re: New PodTrapper Betas (2.9.11)

New postby ronyosh on Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:46 pm

Just upgraded to 2.9.11 on my HTC Inc. I got video!
ronyosh

New postby ahagenmaier on Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:42 pm

I installed 2.9.11 and it wouldn't start/open
I rebooted a few times and still no luck. I even installed it again.

I had to revert back to 2.6.9 ( I couldn't find a link to get 2.9.9 - my last working version)

Andy
BB 8820 OS 4.5
BB 8820
OS 4.5
ahagenmaier

New postby JD31 on Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:49 pm

With 2.9.11 on my Droid X, Video is now working just fine. I appreciate the effort you put in to PodTrapper, and I love the product. I have been using it since December 2008. My how far it has come!!
JD31

New postby cadzilla74 on Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:15 pm

Thanks for the quick fixes Marcus. I'm a longtime PT user (and Honeydew) and my wife got a new Bold 9650 so the first thing I did was buy her PT for her new BB.

Of course it was at that point I saw all the progress you had made with new PT releases and I jumped on updating my Storm 1 from 2.6.9 to 2.9.10. I thought I had done something wrong or maybe should have deleted 2.6.9 first due to the problems I had. Now that I see this thread I went to 2.9.11 and things seem quite a bit better but I ended up spending quite a bit of time tinkering with my Storm until i saw this newer version.

I still have one problem. In messing with 2.9.10 I ended up deleting everything and then installing a "naked" copy of 2.9.10 (I even deleted my 2.6.9 backup file and all the other .dat files off my SD card). So I had to re-Add all my Podcasts once I got 2.9.10 back on and set my preferences. Even though I set it to only go back 50 episodes for each Podcast it was queueing up however many it could find, in some cases several hundred, but again not a big deal. The problem came when I tried to do a Delete Below to get rid of all the older episodes and just keep the latest 1 or 2 queued up. Every time I ran the command it would delete maybe 50 of the ones I didn't want to download and then PT would crash with a "stopped responding" error.

I updated to 2.9.11 last night and then did a battery pull. 2.9.11 works better than .10 for sure but it still crashes every time I try to remove more than a handful of items from a podcast queue that I don't want retrieved. It is also still ignoring the Global Setting to not retrieve more than 50 items when adding a Podcast.
<HTC Thunderbolt/Gingerbread and Motorola Droid 3/Gingerbread - Verizon - PodTrapper 3.0.21> - <HoneyDew 2.0.6 HTC Thunderbolt/Motorola Droid 3>
cadzilla74

New postby MrFun on Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:27 am

1 I have PT set up to "view w/ready only", but when I listened through an episode and PT went ahead and automatically deleted the finished episode, so now I am without any episodes to listen too, PT will still think that I have a ready episode and will not hide that podcast it from the podcast list, only after a certain amount of time it will hid it.

2 Can you get the enter bottom behave like clicking the trackball in?
Blackberry :( Tour 9630 5.0.0.624
MrFun

New postby MrFun on Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:33 am

3 The T and B shortcuts does not work
Blackberry :( Tour 9630 5.0.0.624
MrFun

New postby goliatham on Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:04 am

Bluetooth was working fine on my Motorola Droid 2.1.
I just got the 2.2 (Froyo) update OTA today, and bluetooth controls now are controlling the stock music app again.
goliatham

New postby rlegan on Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:42 pm

ahagenmaier wrote:I installed 2.9.11 and it wouldn't start/open
I rebooted a few times and still no luck. I even installed it again.

I had to revert back to 2.6.9 ( I couldn't find a link to get 2.9.9 - my last working version)

Andy
BB 8820 OS 4.5

Hi Marcus,

By chance did you accidentally forget to publish 2.9.11 for BB OS 4.5?

Here are the choices I see for .11
PodTrapper v2.9.11 for BlackBerry devices running OS 4.3 or later

PodTrapper v2.9.11 for BlackBerry devices running OS 4.7 or later

I have loaded and re-loaded the version for OS 4.3 and later on my Curve 8330 with OS 4.5.0.17 and I get
Uncaught Exception: pushGlobalScreen(modal) called by non-event thread
immediately on trying to start podtrapper.

I think previously you offered an OS 4.5 version. Perhaps that build would work better?

Randy
rlegan

New postby Cilraaz on Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:07 am

marwatk wrote:* Another attempt at fixing BB permissions issue

The permissions issue is back to where it was in 2.9.9 for me. I upgraded from 2.9.10 to 2.9.11 and was prompted to reboot. After rebooting, I was not prompted for application permissions. I was also unable to access the application via either the homescreen icon or the app switcher. Hitting the red key gave me access to my phone again, allowing me to manually set permissions. Another reboot later and the application was working fine.
Device: Samsung Droid Charge
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Android Version: Gingerbread 2.3.6
Baseband Version: EP4
Modifications: IMoseyON's EP4 Kernel v4.0.0, Humble ROM v5.0 RC2
Cilraaz

New postby FreydNot on Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:07 pm

For a few days now, PT has told me there is a new beta version to download, but when I go to the beta OTA page, it is still 2.9.11. I know I am running 2.9.11 because my video is working and 2.9.11 is the only version that video was working for me.
FreydNot

New postby RocketBrewer on Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:44 pm

I have a Droid X. I have downloaded 2.9.11 and installed it (I think). When I check the version number under "about" it says 2.9.10. Am I not installing correctly or was the version number not rolled?

BTW. Video does work for me. Thanks.

Also, (and maybe this is fixed in 2.9.11) downloading from cell network is stuck on "updates only". I am not able to change "allow downloads over cullular:" to "Yes".

Thanks for all your work on PT. As many others have said it is the best app on BB or Android. It is the only app I have ever paid for. Anything else, I only download the free version.
RocketBrewer

New postby RocketBrewer on Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:46 pm

Almost forgot.... Moved from BB Tour after the trackball froze for the third time.
RocketBrewer

New postby marwatk on Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:46 pm

Thanks, guys. All of these should be fixed (sans the Froyo BT issues, still working on that) in 2.9.12 going out tonight or tomorrow. Let me know if you come up with anything else in the mean time.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby Old_Timer on Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:50 pm

Podtrapper 2.9.11 ALPHA(Using Droid Incredible version 2.1)
This is my second DL of Android Podtrapper APLHA.
The install went well.
I was able to obtain my favorite podcasts and they played fine.
I was able to use all the play controls.
I was able to leave PT and return later to continue listening.
All prior podcasts were listed and a future podcasts showed as pending.
(Note: I have a Jawbone ICON headset (with A2DP) and the podcast played fine.)
I will check to see how PT deals with incoming calls. It should suspend the podcast playing until I finish the phone call.

I then checked to see if I could display pictures. PT would not even display a list of pictures. I took one picture and saved it in several formats… JPG, WMV, PHG, GIF. Still none of them were listed and they were in my main memory… See note below on SD card.

I then checked to see if videos would play. WMV – it would play sound, but no video.
MPG2 – It would play sound, but no video.
MP4 – It would play sound and video. However, when I hold my incredible landscape the video will not display and sound stops. I have to return to portrait and press continue to resume playing the video. This does not happen when using ‘YouPlayer’.

I then tried a few MP3 album sound tracks. They all played.

When I click on ‘Browse Other Files” it actually displays the built-in memory, not my SD card.

I have no experience with your BB version so I’m testing each feature/option. I can only compare the podcast features of PT to the “Listen” app.
I currently use a preloaded app called “Music” for my music files, “YouPlayer” app for videos and another preloaded app called “Photos” to display pictures.

I hope this information is useful.

If there is something you’d like me to test just let me know.
Old_Timer

New postby scaryslocuda on Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:09 pm

I'm having some issues with the latest versions... I tried installing 2.9.11 over the top of 2.9.10, but when I went into "About" it still showed that I had 2.9.10. I tried several times with the same result. So I uninstalled 2.9.10 and then installed 2.9.11....same thing. Ultimately I gave up trying for a few days.

Today, just now, I tried installing 2.9.12 over the top of 2.9.11 (or 2.9.10). But when I tried to start it up, I get a Force Close error. I attempted to reinstall...same thing. I tried uninstalling 2.9.11 and installing 2.9.12...same thing. So, I'm left with a version of PT that won't even start. Here's to hoping for good things with 2.9.13!
scaryslocuda

New postby marwatk on Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:31 pm

Sorry about that, I killed the upload in the middle of 2.9.12 to fix something in my deploy script. Should work now.

Update: Locking this thread so we move the conversation to new version: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1268

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Announcements