Fixes:

* Fixed issue with 'Apply to Many Podcasts' settings screen
* Android: Attempt to fix issue with podcast browser not accepting input
* Fixed issue loading Playlist screen
* Fixed issue loading Edit Playlist Screen
* Fixed occasional crash on main screen while starting up
* Fixed issue adding items to playlists
* Android: Hopefully fixed issue with video on 2.1+ devices

Let me know how it goes or if I forgot an issue you reported (I think I got them all). Also, I'm struggling with figuring out the licensing and pricing. I'd love any feedback you can provide: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1237

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Re: New PodTrapper Alphas (Android and BB) 2.9.4

New postby ronyosh on Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:35 pm

Still no video on my HTC Incredible running 2.1. Goes into force close and restarts PT. All other updates seem to work.
Ron
ronyosh

New postby BrewerBC on Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:47 am

Fixed the issue with the playlist. There doesn't seem to be any other major issues that I have had (never tried video).
Thank you for making this for Android. this was the one thing about my Blackberry that I missed.
One request I have is bigger buttons (play, FF, RW) they are hard to use when driving

Thanks
Brandon
BrewerBC

New postby norm807 on Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:49 am

Loving it.. seams to be working so far.. Agree with other post.. bigger buttons would be nice for car..

Keep up the good work.
norm807

New postby norm807 on Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:21 pm

Ok.. found an issue.. I clicked menu, then more, then New Playlist and it Forceclosed, which put me into the auto start problem where it continously restarts podtrapper if you try to exit. If I hit exit now, it just starts the app back up. If I hit my phones home button, it takes me to my home screen, but if I long press the home button to show my most recent apps, and click on podtrapper, it continues the auto restart problem if I hit exit in the podtrapper.. I have found that if I hit the phones home button, then go to all my apps and click on the podtrapper icon, it will exit just fine and stop the auto restarts..

Hardware: DInc: android 2.1
norm807

New postby norm807 on Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:29 pm

Found another one.. :)

I called my phone while listening to an audiobook and the audiobook paused for a sec, then continued to play while my phone was ringing. I then answered the phone and I could hear both the audiobook and the phone call.. kinda confusing.. :).

I was using wired headphones at the time.

Thanks again.
norm807

New postby norm807 on Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:40 pm

And another one and another one.. :)

Issue 1:
The playlist progress bars don't seem to be updating all the time. My first audiobook file I listen too on the playlist screen says it is 0% listen to with ??? at the end of the progress bar. If I click on the finished one and go into where I can play the file, it says it is 100% complete.

The current one I am listening too in the playlist view, shows the progress with time counting, the percentage listened and the time/total time remaining, but if I click on it and got to the screen that I can play the file, it shows 0 time, 0% listened and ???. Looks like it stays this way until the entire file is finished playing. It also shows that the file is paused (pause symbol in the upper left corner and the play button has the play symbol on it instead of the pause symbol.

Issue 2:
I exited out of the program while listening to my audio book part way through a file. When I started the app backup and when to the playlist, it had removed the listened to files(expected), but had not saved my progress through the file I was listening to when I exited..

Thanks again.. :)
norm807

New postby scaryslocuda on Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:33 pm

I can't wait to give this a shot! Been putting up with sub-par podcast apps on my Android ever since I stopped using my Blackberry. Love the new phone (HTC Incredible), but have been missing Podtrapper like crazy. Will definitely give feedback after getting a chance to use the alpha.

Thanks for putting this out there!
scaryslocuda

New postby [email protected] on Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:38 am

Just got this. Very excited. Been waiting a long time.
I did notice this very little bug, but it's bugging me.

In Settings/general settings, first setting is "Run when BLACKBERRY starts."
[email protected]

New postby [email protected] on Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:10 pm

I hope there will be different themes when the final version comes out.
I enjoyed the light theme when I was running Podtrapper on my Storm.

Stephen
Droid Inc.
[email protected]

New postby FreydNot on Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:47 pm

+1 on the themes suggestion. I prefer it as black as possible to conserve battery life. With an AMOLED display black pixels use zero energy so the black background is ideal.
FreydNot

New postby bmarcuso on Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:46 am

Long time PodTrapper user on BB Storm(pos). The storm was a POS, PodTrapper was the best thing that ran on it!! Can't wait for the Android version!

I downloaded Alpha 2.9.5 from the ota page, and still no video on Android Incredible. Wasn't sure if this was already said or not.

Thanks
bmarcuso

New postby norm807 on Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:04 am

I may have found another bug.. When listening to my playlist of an audiobook(multiple mp3 files) my volume decrease at the start of the next file in the list, but it doesn't return to the proper level, it stays low.

DInc 2.1

Thanks
norm807

New postby therealjoeblow on Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:00 pm

Is the 2.9.x upgrade for BlackBerry a one-way street, or is the data fully compatible with 2.6.9 if I find bugs and want to downgrade (I'm leaving tonight on a few weeks vacation, and would like to try the new version, but not if it's going to cause operational issues that I won't be able to deal with; if I can simply reinstall 2.6.9 over it from my SD card if something's not working properly, I'd give it a go...)

Thanks
The REAL Joe
therealjoeblow

New postby FreydNot on Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:06 pm

I installed 2.9.5 yesterday and it is finally working well for me. I did a factory restore before trying 2.9.5 so I can't be sure if my problems were related to PT or the phone.

When it downloads a podcast it brings my phone to its knees (it takes 5 to 10 seconds to turn off the screen after pressing the lock button) but I figure as long as I schedule downloads for overnight I won't notice. Does it do this for everyone else? I'm starting to think I might have a bad phone and should exchange it for a new one.

Video is not working on my Vibrant (v2.1). The screen showing the album art and transport controls slides away and I get half a second of audio with a black screen. Then the album art and transport controls come back. The timeline never leaves 0:00.
FreydNot

New postby FreydNot on Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:37 pm

Also, I am not getting any bluetooth transport controls working in PT. I am using the Plantronics 903 BackBeat stereo bluetooth headphones. The call buttons work to answer and hang up calls. The media transport buttons work with the andriod music player, but there is no reaction in PT. The audio comes through the bluetooth so at least I've got that.

In fact, if I am listening to PT and I press the pause button on the headphones, PT keeps on playing and the Android music player also starts playing. I understand Android v2.2 is supposed to improve bluetooth transport controls (something about only passing controls to the application that "has focus"). Unfortunately, Samsung has a poor track record when it comes to pushing OS updates in a timely fashion, so I would prefer a solution that works with 2.1. I don't mind killing the Android music player if necessary.
FreydNot

New postby blakscribe on Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:10 am

Track fades in using playlist on BlackBerry Storm.

I am experiencing a similar problem as the one mentioned by norm807. When listening to an audiobook playlist (multiple mp3 files), each new file fades in, causing me to miss the first few words. However, if I restart that track from the beginning it plays at normal volume from the start.

This is probably the only issue preventing me from putting my Sansa Fuze out to pasture.

Keep up the good work!
blakscribe

Couple of bugs, 2.9.4 on Droid Inc.

New postby San Juan on Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:18 am

Started to use Podtrapper on my Dinc.
Couple of bugs to report.
1. I also noticed that the volume goes to about 60% when starting a new podcast. Volume was 100% on the previous episode.
2. When podtrapper is on, or on pause, and when the charger is plugged in (wall charger) screen is locked. No soft buttons function. Podtrapper is still playing but none of the onscreen buttons work, even the home, menu, back. and search.
3. This has happened a couple of times and I don't have a lot of evidence yet, but sometimes an episode shows 40 minutes before hitting play, after hitting play it shows say 20 minutes and starts somewhere in the middle. When I delete the episode and re-download, it only does the 20 minutes.

Loving the interface, much more intuitive than the others I have been struggling through for the past year.

Feature requests.
Swipe through screens. On other podcatchers I have used, you can go from one screen to another by swiping.
One touch button to get to the now playing screen. Sometimes its a bit of a job to get to the now playing screen if I want to pause, or back up a little.

Keep up the great work and I am looking forward to new versions.

Stephen
San Juan

New postby marwatk on Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:32 am

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the feedback!

I'm recording all the issues, but have some followup questions on some:

San Juan wrote:When podtrapper is on, or on pause, and when the charger is plugged in (wall charger) screen is locked. No soft buttons function. Podtrapper is still playing but none of the onscreen buttons work, even the home, menu, back. and search.

Is this reproducible every time?

therealjoeblow wrote:Is the 2.9.x upgrade for BlackBerry a one-way street, or is the data fully compatible with 2.6.9 if I find bugs and want to downgrade

The backend data hasn't changed, so you're good to go on that front.

Paraphrased: Something something themes

I've only got the one phone (G1 running 1.6), so I'd be interested to get screen shots of what it looks like on various phones. (I have a feeling the colors are way different on every phone, but I'm not sure). If it's wildly different I may do some sort of themes support, but if it maintains a similar look I may just adjust that...

norm807 wrote:The playlist progress bars don't seem to be updating all the time. My first audiobook file I listen too on the playlist screen says it is 0% listen to with ??? at the end of the progress bar. If I click on the finished one and go into where I can play the file, it says it is 100% complete.

Did this get fixed in 2.9.5? (I didn't post about it, but I think I fixed it)

norm807 wrote:I called my phone while listening to an audiobook and the audiobook paused for a sec, then continued to play while my phone was ringing. I then answered the phone and I could hear both the audiobook and the phone call.. kinda confusing. (Dinc 2.1)

Can you verify this was on 2.9.5 or later? I thought I fixed this, but I'm guessing different phones handle it differently, so I'd love to know.

That's all of my questions for now, keep the feedback coming!

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby San Juan on Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:12 pm

As to my charging and no soft buttons working.
I ended the podtrapper process and still it happens so i don't think its Podtrapper.
I am seeing a Process "com.htc.bg" is force closing.

I may try to uninstall podtrapper and see if this still happens and let you know.
San Juan

New postby mikejs78 on Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:40 am

One feature that doesn't seem to be quite working right on Android that worked really well on the BB is phone-call interruption. On the BB, if a call came in, the podcast paused until the call was complete. On my Droid X, it pauses briefly while the phone rings, but once I answer the call, the audio of the podcast continues to play along with my phone call in my ear.
mikejs78

New postby norm807 on Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:16 pm

norm807 wrote:The playlist progress bars don't seem to be updating all the time. My first audiobook file I listen too on the playlist screen says it is 0% listen to with ??? at the end of the progress bar. If I click on the finished one and go into where I can play the file, it says it is 100% complete.

Did this get fixed in 2.9.5? (I didn't post about it, but I think I fixed it)

On 2.9.5, the playlist status is not updating the status bar as a file is playing.. so if I am playing a file and go to the main screen, or look at my current playlist, it isn't updating, but the page that has the actual file playing is updating.
Second issue is it remembers where in the file I am until I use the "Exit" command and then restart podtrapper. If I go into my playlist, it is at the beginning of the file again instead of where I last left it.

norm807 wrote:I called my phone while listening to an audiobook and the audiobook paused for a sec, then continued to play while my phone was ringing. I then answered the phone and I could hear both the audiobook and the phone call.. kinda confusing. (Dinc 2.1)

Can you verify this was on 2.9.5 or later? I thought I fixed this, but I'm guessing different phones handle it differently, so I'd love to know.

I just tried it and the problem is still there in 2.9.5

Thanks.. love the app..
norm807

New postby Popdave on Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:48 pm

Hey Marcus, is there anyway you can get this to work on Sony Ericsson Xperia x10? The select output function doesnt work. Regardless what i click it still plays from speakers and not my mono bluetooth headset. Thanks for your attention to my problem.
Popdave

New postby inspirado on Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:54 pm

I can also confirm that the in-ear playback after picking up a call exists on Droid, 2.1, running 2.9.5.
inspirado

New postby marwatk on Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:48 am

Hi guys,

I posted a new version, let's move the conversation over there.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1241

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Announcements