New PodTrapper Alphas (Android and BB) 2.9.3

New Apps, versions, features, etc

New PodTrapper Alphas (Android and BB) 2.9.3

New postby marwatk on Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:32 pm

Hi guys,

http://ota.versatilemonkey.com/ptalpha/

I know I said I'd get this out thursday, but I really wanted to get video working on Android. So I did, sort of. It turns out some phones have even worse media support than BBs, my G1 won't play anything really. Can those of you with newer phones see what happens?

Another feature added is support for 'tagging' podcasts. In the podcast settings screen you can now assign as many comma-separated tags as you want, and the tagged podcasts will be grouped by those tags on the main screen.

Here's the complete change list:

* Android: Add video support (?)
* Add 'tag' support for podcasts to categorize them on the main screen
* Handle content types that specify additional meta data (files were getting treated as video when they weren't)
* Make sure I'm properly handling content type headers like "text/xml; charset=UTF-8"
* Add Play/Pause item to context menu when viewing episode list
* Fixed: View All and View w/Ready Eps are swapped
* Fixed the way the recycle bin works to be less confusing
* Android: Fixed 'run once' problem where you couldn't run it again after the first run/exit

Let me know how it goes.
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Re: New PodTrapper Alphas (Android and BB) 2.9.3

New postby ronyosh on Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:50 am

Just installed the update on my HTC Incredible running Android 2.1. Still no video. Goes to Force close. I was running 2.9.1 and was getting at least the audio on my vodcasts. No apparent problems running audiocasts. "Delete below" and volume control now works on this version. These are my observations after two hours of usage. Thanks for your continued support of this great app.
Ron
ronyosh

New postby marwatk on Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:30 pm

Thanks, I see where the issue is for the video on that, should have it fixed in the next one today or tomorrow.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby norm807 on Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:05 pm

Ok, I have tried the newest version and here are my issues so far.

Hardware: DINC 2.1

Issue 1: Loading an audiobook into a playlist.
I tried to add a folder of a particular audio book by long pressing on the folder name and it showed a popup and said it was successful. If I go and select show playlist, it is empty. I thought this is how it worked on my old storm for adding an entire audio book. I can go into the folder and add each file one at a time.

Issue 2: Force Close tring to edit playlist
So once I got one audio book track into a play list, I tried to edit playlist and podtrapper tripped an error and force closed. I think you also have the exit problem you had earlier, or at least from exiting after a forceclose because it immediately restarted podtrapper and if I hit menu and exit, it restarts again. It stopped doing this when I went to my phone home screen and then started podtrapper again, I could exit just fine after that.

I am very interested in the audiobook portion of podtrapper, it is my favorite for listening to audiobooks.

Thanks
Norm
norm807

New postby inspirado on Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:05 am

Droid running 2.1

I am also having issues with the playlist. The playlist will only show the one most recent podcast I have added. If I add two podcasts, the first one added disappears, and the second one replaces it. Therefore my playlist is always only one episode long.

Also not having any issues with phone calls anymore while PT is running or backgrounded. Flawless from that perspective.
inspirado

New postby bill on Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:48 am

Couple things (Droid X):
1. when you change postioning (portrait to landscape) in search for podcast it goes back to the first screen. In other owrds if you have started searching for a podcast and you spin your phone it resets to the first find podcast screen.
2. cannot find a way to actually add a podcast. there is no subscribe choice in the context menu while on a podcast page as in the BB app.

Thanks
bill

Return to Announcements