Feature: Desktop Downloader via Bluetooth

Got an idea for an improvement? Post it here.
Forum rules
Use the topics below to discuss existing feature requests for PodTrapper.

Click here to add a new feature request, view the existing requested features, and vote for your favorites

Feature: Desktop Downloader via Bluetooth

New postby Feature Bot on Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:14 am

User mtech submitted the following feature request:

Desktop Downloader via Bluetooth

Vote for your favorite features
Feature Bot
Magic Bot

Desktop Downloader via Bluetooth

New postby mtech on Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:14 am

My BB lacks WiFi. I prefer to use Desktop Downloader via USB for downloading podcasts rather than VZW network, which is slow! But that means my BB is tethered to my computer. I'd love to be able to run DD via BT. Not sure if possible to do serial-over-BT or similar (I know Desktop Manager can sync via USB or BT, and BB can be tethered as a modem via BT). Not sure what the performance hit would be to utilize BT, but if this is easy, it would help us wifi-less BB owners be wireless. Thanks.
Droid Bionic | Android 2.3.4 | System 5.5.886.XT875.Verizon,en.US| Fav Podcast: This American Life
mtech

Re: Feature: Desktop Downloader via Bluetooth

New postby marwatk on Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:10 pm

While this would be really cool, I have a feeling it's a ton of work. (Not that I'm opposed to that, but just want to make sure I don't misprioritize).

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Re: Feature: Desktop Downloader via Bluetooth

New postby cozzicon on Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:51 am

Sorry to necro this...

My BB also doesn't support wifi (Tour). The beauty of the Desktop Downloader and Bluetooth solution is inescapable. But my BB pairs with the desktop anywhere in my house. So whenever I'm home it would be updating podcasts.

I suppose it would be a moot point because I have unlimited data. But all the same, I would rather limit the BB to Bluetooth/Desktop Downloader updates since the only time I wire up the BB is for charging. Everything else is over carrier.
cozzicon

Return to Feature requests