Feature: Inactivity Timeout

Got an idea for an improvement? Post it here.
Forum rules
Use the topics below to discuss existing feature requests for PodTrapper.

Click here to add a new feature request, view the existing requested features, and vote for your favorites

Feature: Inactivity Timeout

New postby Feature Bot on Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:03 am

User bellemead submitted the following feature request:

Inactivity Timeout

Vote for your favorite features
Feature Bot
Magic Bot

Inactivity Timeout

New postby bellemead on Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:04 am

The BBMP has an "Auto Stop Media Player When Idle" setting and I would like to see the same feature with PT. This is different than a sleep timer in that it is for those times (like on a plane) when you don't plan to doze off or when you don't know how long before you do. It would prevent waking up and finding out you've missed the rest of a podcast or you're at the end of the book when yo uwake up and don't know where you left off. At least with the inactivity timer you would know how far back to rewind to locate the place where you dozed off.
bellemead

Re: Feature: Inactivity Timeout

New postby arkolbus on Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:00 pm

I like this (although it should be in the PT forum, not HoneyDew).

A couple suggestions to go along with this feature:
1) Auto-delete should be disabled or postponed when this feature is active. Ideally, it would only auto-delete when there is activity.
2) Include the ability to quickly revert to the state corresponding to the beginning of the inactive period. Example: I am last active at 50% through episode c. I fall asleep, and sleep through c, d, e, and 40% of f. I should be able to quickly go back to 50% of c, while marking d, e, and f as 0% listened and putting all of those episodes back in the playlist.

Edit: The way I've interpreted the request, there's simply a stopwatch-like timer that resets to 0 when there's activity, and no auto-pause.
HTC Droid Incredible 2
Verizon Wireless
Android 2.3.3
Podtrapper 3.0.20
arkolbus

Re: Feature: Inactivity Timeout

New postby marwatk on Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:05 pm

Heh, probably doable, but would take considerable back end work. I'll see where the votes go.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Feature requests