Feature: "On-the-go" playlist

Got an idea for an improvement? Post it here.
Forum rules
Use the topics below to discuss existing feature requests for PodTrapper.

Click here to add a new feature request, view the existing requested features, and vote for your favorites

Feature: "On-the-go" playlist

New postby Feature Bot on Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:39 pm

User arkolbus submitted the following feature request:

"On-the-go" playlist

Vote for your favorite features
Feature Bot
Magic Bot

"On-the-go" playlist

New postby arkolbus on Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:39 pm

One of the things I miss from my iPod days is the "On-the-go" playlist. It would be nice to be able to quickly add episodes to a specified playlist no matter what view I'm in, even if that playlist is not "active".

For example:
I have a playlist into which all of my downloaded episodes are automatically dumped. If I want to listen to a subset of those episodes, I have to do one of the following:'
-Move the desired episodes to the top and turn off auto-sort, so that they stay at the top, OR
-Create an empty playlist, switch to that playlist, hunt down the desired episodes through the podcast view, and add them to the new playlist

Neither of the above are ideal, especially since there's no good way to transfer episodes from one playlist to another, and moving episodes within an auto-sorting playlist is perilous.

I don't necessarily need to be able to specify the name of the "on-the-go" playlist, nor do I need to be able to specify an existing playlist to be "on-the-go".

Keyboard shortcut is a must. Since [A] is add the the active playlist, maybe it could be [Alt]+[A] or something similar.
HTC Droid Incredible 2
Verizon Wireless
Android 2.3.3
Podtrapper 3.0.20
arkolbus

Re: Feature: "On-the-go" playlist

New postby marwatk on Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:42 pm

Hey Andrew,

Trying to wrap my head around this one, if you press Alt+A now it should ask which playlist you want to add something to. It won't work from the playlist screen itself, but I can easily change that. It also won't let you add a new playlist from there, but that's easily fixable too. Is that kind of what you're after?

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Re: Feature: "On-the-go" playlist

New postby arkolbus on Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:39 pm

marwatk wrote:Hey Andrew,

Trying to wrap my head around this one, if you press Alt+A now it should ask which playlist you want to add something to. It won't work from the playlist screen itself, but I can easily change that. It also won't let you add a new playlist from there, but that's easily fixable too. Is that kind of what you're after?

-Marcus

I didn't realize that functionality existed. It would be nice if it worked from the playlist view. What would be even better is if it worked like an ipod did. Hold down the center button, and the selected item is added to a special "on-the-go" playlist. You don't have to select which playlist it goes to, it always goes to "on-the-go". It's not as versatile as having it ask which playlist it goes to, but it's really easy to quickly put a new playlist together.

Maybe it could be a settings option, to prompt or to always use a specified playlist. That, or maybe holding down the functionality could send it to on-the-go. The specifics really don't matter, I'm just looking for a way to put together a playlist of a few items with minimal interaction.
HTC Droid Incredible 2
Verizon Wireless
Android 2.3.3
Podtrapper 3.0.20
arkolbus

Return to Feature requests