Feature: Nested Menu / Submenu Items?

Got an idea for an improvement? Post it here.
Forum rules
Use the topics below to discuss existing feature requests for PodTrapper.

Click here to add a new feature request, view the existing requested features, and vote for your favorites

Feature: Nested Menu / Submenu Items?

New postby Feature Bot on Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:26 am

User tnt118 submitted the following feature request:

Nested Menu / Submenu Items?

Vote for your favorite features
Feature Bot
Magic Bot

Nested Menu / Submenu Items?

New postby tnt118 on Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:26 am

I leave this up for debate if I'm the only one who feels this way, or if the community likes the idea.

Personally I feel that there are so many menu options available that it starts to get a little confusing and overwhelming. I know that the 5.0 OS can do submenus, although I don't know if 3rd party apps can use them as well. Also, I don't know if this would break compatibility with OS 4.x.

For example, (from the main podcast screen) there could be a Playlist menu item that had Show Playlist, Add to Playlist, etc; a View menu that had View Downloads, View Episodes, View w/ Ready Eps; a Podcast menu that had Settings/Add/Delete/Update; or even a Help main menu that was Help/About/Email Developer.

There'd be other opportunities in other menu screens for consolidation as well, there's no need for me to list all that here, however I'd be happy to post more suggestions if you would like.

-todd
tnt118

Re: Feature: Nested Menu / Submenu Items?

New postby arkolbus on Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:05 am

Not sure how I feel about nested menus, as I don't think I've seen them in any BB app I use. Can you provide an example of an app that does this?

I don't mind the long menu, since I don't use it very often. I tend to rely more on the keyboard shortcuts. I think I'd prefer the ability to assign my own shortcuts in the app.
HTC Droid Incredible 2
Verizon Wireless
Android 2.3.3
Podtrapper 3.0.20
arkolbus

New postby tnt118 on Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:00 am

arkolbus wrote:Not sure how I feel about nested menus, as I don't think I've seen them in any BB app I use. Can you provide an example of an app that does this?

I don't mind the long menu, since I don't use it very often. I tend to rely more on the keyboard shortcuts. I think I'd prefer the ability to assign my own shortcuts in the app.

If you are on a 5.0 OS, the best example I know of is to go to any of your saved pictures, hit the menu key, and you should have a menu item ""Send or Share..." that when you hit, brings up the submenu of Email/Facebook/MMS/Messenger Contact.

Again, I'm not even 100% sure this functionality is available to 3rd party apps or not.
tnt118

New postby twisted44 on Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:19 pm

I agree that something should be improved in the Android PT menu system. Nested/Sub menus would work. A consistent menu scheme would be best. I have a lot of difficulty navigating the Android PT menus because they are always different depending on what screen I'm on. It might also be good to have a "home" screen to see all the available screens.
twisted44

New postby marwatk on Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:33 pm

Agreed, this will be fixed in the next release.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Feature requests