Two small issues with 0.1.22

Two small issues with 0.1.22

New postby ximinez on Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:12 pm

Two more things I've noticed on my Curve 8330 OS version 4.5.0.175:
  • Just for giggles, I set up the new blacklight off event to put my phone into standby. After I press a key, I get the error "Error entering standby! net.rim.device.apt.system.ControlledAccessException", and then it locks instead (nice fallback, whether it was intentional or not). I just disabled it, because I'm not a big fan of standby anyway. Looks like a permissions problem, but which one?
  • I have an entry to run the VersaTool app in one of my popup menus. After upgrading from 0.1.19 (I think) to 0.1.22, selecting it gives an error until I got into the popup editor and reselect VersaTool from the list of apps. Unfortunately, I didn't write this error down, but the gist of it was that it couldn't find the app anymore. Again, not a big deal, since it only happens after updates, though I wonder if the same thing would happen after updating any other app, or if it's only restricted to this one.
ximinez

Re: Two small issues with 0.1.22

New postby marwatk on Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:46 pm

Thanks for the reports!

The permission it's looking for is 'Keystroke injection', which may be restricted on a BES (though not every bes). Are you able to toggle that permission?

For the second one it was an artifact of me changing the backend a bit (specifically with how VersaTool is launched itself). When I finally get a release version out I will be more careful about stuff like that, but for now I wasn't worried about backwards compatibility. You shouldn't notice it anymore, though...

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby ximinez on Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:43 pm

I was able to turn on Keystroke Injection, and standby does seem to work now.
ximinez

New postby marwatk on Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:56 pm

Sweet. Let me know if you run into anything else.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help